101. The Ties that Bind ⛓️

Cha-Cha took Deonte over to the couch where Deandre sat. They ended up talking and watching TV while A.B. and I went back to eating.

"I forgot to tell you that Cha-Cha and Deonte are siblings," I spoke.

A.B. asked, "Y'all been hanging out a lot?"

"No. We actually became friends after our performance on the float. Aja was supposed to perform with him, but she couldn't make it. He asked me for a favor and paid me with food from Cha-Cha. I ended up meeting his brother and little sister, too. Speaking of... where is Chanel?" I turned around and asked about her.

"She's at her friend's house," Cha-Cha told me. "I didn't tell her you were here. The next time you see her, act like this day didn't happen."

I chuckled, "Noted."

"Cha-Cha, do you have a restaurant?" A.B. asked her. His plate was almost clean. 

"She needs one!" Deandre said.

Deonte added, "We keep telling her to open shop, but she thinks it won't be a success."

"Cha-Cha!" I exclaimed.

A.B. said, "It's a crime not to have a place where we can dine in, but if you ever decide to get in the business, you should open one in East Grove."

"Right!" I agreed with A.B. "You would have a hard time keeping people out. We East Grovens love to eat."

Deonte looked at me. "As long as you've been in L.A., I thought you were one of us now."

Deandre laughed, "You ain't even from L.A." He told his brother.

"Nobody in here is," Cha-Cha stated.

Deonte walked over to me. "Let me see what my sister cooked." He looked at my plate. "She hit y'all with the sliders? Cha-Cha, where's my plate?"

"I made something else for you and Deandre. Those sliders are for Jae and A.B."

Deonte whispered to me, "I'm not gonna ask for anything on your plate. I know how you do." He walked away.

I looked at A.B. who was looking at me.

"We can leave when I finish my plate." I picked up my fork.

"Take your time. I want seconds," he said to me.

I disagreed, "You can get it to go just like I am." If we stay here any longer, I'm afraid Monica will somehow show up and make things even more awkward.

A.B.'s phone vibrated. He glanced at it before apologizing to me. He answered the phone. "Yeah... Is is urgent?... Have you tried contacting their office?... Right. I understand... Okay. I'll be there... Alright. Bye." A.B. hung up his phone and turned to face me. "There's some property issues going on with a few of my tenants. It's been a few weeks, and they're not too happy about it. So, I have to take care of the situation in person."

"Meaning?" I questioned, but I already knew where this was going.

A.B. answered, "I have to leave..."

I slowly nodded my head before picking up a fry and eating it.

"I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll do my best to return to spend time with you."

I stood to my feet. "I'm going to the restroom." I walked to the half-bath and locked myself inside. I sat on the lid of the toilet.

What does he mean he's leaving? He just got here! I rested my face in the palm of my hands. Again, my mind was spinning like a whirlwind. I recalled saying I would give A.B. some time, but I have no issue with forcing myself to stop liking him.