123. Again & Again 💥

I sat in the backseat, singing along to my song "Again" featuring Larry when it was cut short by the radio personality.

"Now, you all know we've been waiting to hear the verdict on whether Ricky Santana, President of RiSe Records is guilty or innocent in the murder case of former intern T'keyna Brown. It was just announced that the jury found Ricky Santana innocent. You heard me correctly. Ricky Santana is innocent..."

I sighed as my phone vibrated. I picked it up to see Monica had text me.

Monica: Can you believe they letting him go? All the evidence pointed to him. He was at T'keyna's apartment the night she died. Like ???

Me: I know but are you surprised? I'm sure this man will continue to get away until he is no longer "protected" 

Monica: Now you sound like me! 👏👏👏 Where you at?

Me: Lol I'm almost home.

Monica: From where?

Me: Shopping. I want to have some cute outfits to wear for when we go back to East Grove.

Monica: Bet! Well, I'll see you tonight. E and I are going out to eat.

Me: Enjoy!

In a week, we'll be flying back home for Zeke and Monica's wedding. I still can't believe my cousin is getting married. Like, there was a man out there that said he wanted a crazy woman and accepted the challenge. I guess there's someone for everyone out there.

My driver/security guard Miguel dropped me off, making sure I was inside the house before driving away. Don't laugh, but Miguel is Maximo's nephew. He's not as outgoing as Maximo, but he does his job to perfection; especially, since Maximo works for the Rivers and couldn't leave their house to be my personal driver.

Inside my house, I navigated around all the boxes before finally making it up the stairs to my bedroom. I dropped my shopping bags by the closet before going to the bathroom. Afterwards, I took a shower. When I was dressed in my PJs, I hopped in bed. Time to find something to watch.

My phone vibrated - reminding me to turn the vibration off. I smiled when I saw Larry's name.

Larry: What's up, Jamie Jae!

Me: LOL Hey, Larry

Larry: You know I just signed with Unlimited Records

Me: I heard! Congratulations!!!

Larry: Thank you! Since my first song is a hit they want to shoot a music video and I thought it would be a great idea to not only shoot a video for my song but yours too

Me: Come again

Larry: We featured on each other songs. So let's do like Michael Jackson and make a long video. I mean it'll be two music videos but we'll release it as one long video

Me: After this week, I'll no longer be signed to RiSe Records

Larry: I know. That's why Unlimited agreed to fund your music video too

Me: WHAT???

Larry: Yes! They want you that bad

Me: Idk. "Easy" was my last music video. I don't think "Again" needs a music video

Larry: Why?

Me: 🤷

Larry: Jamie, I know singing is your dream. You can't leave music like it meant nothing. RiSe Records is trash. Forget about Ricky nem. You don't owe them any loyalty. Your fans did more work for you than they ever did. Do this music video for your fans.