125. The Right Dress 💰

Last night, I left my house and drove to Monica's amusement park, mega mansion. I never would've thought in a million years that this would be our lives. Monica was waiting outside of her massive double doors when I pulled into her circular drive away. 

She jumped up and down when I got out the car.

"Girl, I've been standing out here forever!" She told me.

"Why is your house five hours away from the gate's entrance though?

Monica smirked, "I just picked the house. I didn't design it."

I shook my head.

"Where's your bags?" She asked me.

"In the trunk." I opened it with my key.

Soon, we carried my three bags inside her house. 

I was speechless. "Is this house bigger than the Rivers' Residence?"

Monica shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know the square footage, but the back yard is bigger." Monica led the way through her house to the guest bedroom.

"Cousin, I can't believe you've been sleeping in this house by yourself."

"I don't. I make Zeke Facetime me so we can go to sleep together."

I shook my head.

"I know he ends it when he knows I'm sleep. He doesn't like to charge his phone overnight."

They were already husband and wife in my head.

Monica and I went up a flight of stairs and then crossed a walk way where you could see downstairs on both sides. Finally, we arrived at two doors. She opened one and walked inside.

I followed her inside one of the biggest bedrooms I've ever been in. "Are you sure this is a guest room?"

"Yeah. Why?" Monica asked me.

"Looks like a guest room for the Royal Family."

Monica thought I was a comedian. "Cousin, this is the family suite. So whenever we have relatives over, y'all can sleep in here. This room has a closet and private bathroom. There's two more rooms on this side, but they're smaller and they share a bathroom." She put one of my bags on the bed.

"Where is your room?" I asked her.

"Downstairs towards the back of the house. It's just a tad bit bigger than this room, but don't worry I'll be sleeping in here with you tonight."

I dropped my bags on the floors before stretching my arms. "Monica, this is a lot of house."

"It is now, but we plan to have four kids. I had to argue Zeke down to that number. That crazy man was talking about seven kids, because it would complete our family." She rolled her eyes.

"Really?" I asked her. "You really bring out another side to Zeke."

Monica smacked her lips. "No, that man just chooses to share it all with me. Sometimes, I'm like Zeke slow down. Can we see how these newlywed years are gonna be before we jump to year 10?"

I smiled, "Y'all are such a couple."

"My dress arrived today. You want to see it?" She asked me.

"Now you know--" 

Monica grabbed my hand before I could completely answered.

We ended up going down stairs to a far away room that stored several shoes, purses, and clothes like a boutique.

"What kind of storage room is this?"

"Oh, we entered my closet through the back door," she said so casually.