76. Photo Memory 🖼️

After getting our milkshakes from the drive-thru window, A.B. drove to the pond across the street and parked his car. I sipped on my strawberry shake. A.B. picked up his chocolate shake and took his first sip. We looked at one another and shared a silent agreement.

I chuckled, "This is so good. It's been a while since I had one of these."

"Same. Are you cold?" He asked me.

"A little warm; especially, in this sweater dress." The sun had made an appearance and was heating things up. 

A.B. turned off his engine and rolled the windows down a bit. "Do you have anymore plans while you're here?"

I smirked. He knows I had one plan - hang out with him. And spend time with my parents, too. "Nothing concrete. I'm just over here amazed at how much I don't know about you. I thought we were friends, A.B." I joked.

He glanced at me. "I can say the same."

My brows merged. "I know you joking, right?"

"Quiz me," A.B. suggested.

"What's my full name?"

"Jae... A.B." He laughed.

I lightly hit his arm. "Stop playing, A.B."

"Okay. Jamie Princess Sawyer."

I took the lid off my cup so I could stir my shake. I asked, "When's my birthday?"

"January 3rd, no... the 2nd. Wait... I think I'm confusing you with Shay."

I nearly choked on my shake after taking a sip. "Who is Shay?" I coughed.

A.B. reached over to pat my back. "Want some water?"

I put my shake in the cup holder. "Jace Bravos, I am going to walk all the way back to my parents' house if you don't stop." I gritted my teeth.

A.B. smiled, "I'll stop, and I'll never let you walk anywhere. Your birthday is January 2, 1992."

I smiled at him.

He glanced at me and winked.

I thought of what to ask him next. "Umm... How many siblings do I have?"

"Zero."

"Where was I born?"

"Oklahoma City."

I cut my eyes at him.

"East Grove." He sipped his milkshake.

"What are... what are my pet peeves?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

A.B. replied, "Interrupted sleep, rude people, and Monica."

I genuinely laughed, "That's better than what I would've said. I know your pet peeves."

A.B. looked at me. "What are they?"

"Your thoughts, your thoughts about me, and Monica."

We both laughed.

He told me, "I can't remember the last time I enjoyed talking to someone. Conversations with you are always a lot of fun."

We were silent for a few seconds.

I spoke, "I know that I'm not the most beautiful girl in the world... My body isn't 'thick' or curvy. I don't have a lot of experience in dating or in life. I'll admit that I may not be the first pick, but I'm learning things that I never thought I'd try or do. I'm a great listener when it's time to listen, and I... I'm super loyal. Like, I want to be with someone that I can be myself around. I want them to be themselves around me, too. I guess I'm just thinking about time and distance. Like, when I leave on Thursday, I don't know when I'll come back. I feel like the next time I see, you'll be in a relationship with someone else. I just don't want to regret not speaking up when I have this moment with you. Can I ask you something?"