41. Busy Schedule 🗓️

Morning surprised me with it's approach. I felt like I had just closed my eyes all while Monica claimed she got all her beauty sleep. We left the house bright and early with her luggage and gifts. Maximo even took us or should I say "Second Sister" out for breakfast-to-go since we were ahead of schedule. They even took a pictures together. Maximo never took a picture with me. Then to, I didn't think he could do that on the job, but he really adores Monica. I think he'll miss her more than I will. Finally, we made it to the airport. 

"Cousin, I had fun, but you gotta be strong now. Don't let any of those suckas try to manip-a-dip you, scam you, get into your head to bring down your confidence, or offer you any drugs. Don't get high on your own supply, and--"

"Okay. I got it!" I interrupted her.

Monica's words were sincere, but she was rambling. She added, "Call me if anybody tries you."

I hugged her. "I will."

"Love you." Monica released me.

"Love you, too." I waved at her.

"Maximo!" Monica shouted.

"Be safe, Second Sister," he told her.

"You, too. Bye, Maximo!" Monica disappeared inside the airport.

Maximo could probably thought I was sad, because he offered to take me anywhere I wanted to go. I declined, because I wanted to get back in bed and get more sleep.

When we made it to the River's Residence, I went straight to my room and got in the bed. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, my phone rang. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll stop. It continued to ring. I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Good morning, Jae. This is Colby. How are you?" He was on level 10, and I needed him to bring it down a notch.

"Good morning," I dragged my voice.

Colby said, "For the next three months, you're going to be hearing a lot from me. I just hope I don't get too annoying for you. For today, I have completed your schedule. I'm sending it to you now. You can add it to Google Calendar that way you get all the notifications and updates."

Jae's Schedule:

1:30 p.m. - Recording Studio: Session w/ Singer Aja Frost
3:30 p.m. - New Artist Promo Video: Hair, Makeup, and Wardrobe
4 p.m. - New Artist Promo Video: Photoshoot
4:30 p.m. - New Artist Promo Video: Interview
5:10 p.m. - Recording Studio: Meeting/Session w/ Producer Brandon Proud
6:30 p.m. - Break/Dinner
7:30/8 p.m. - On the Rise Podcast: Interview
9/10 p.m. - Recording Studio: Meeting/Session w/ Songwriter DT Compenny

The time on my phone was 10:11 a.m. HELP!

Colby continued to talk as I continued to half listen

Colby continued to talk as I continued to half listen. Then he said the best three-letter word, "Bye."

"Buh-bye." I hung up and immediately pulled the cover over my head.

After adding the schedule to my Google calendar, I made sure to eat before getting in the car. Maximo dropped me off at the RiSe Tower. I entered the same way I have in the past, and the man behind the window gave me access into the elevator. Once the elevator doors opened, a tall woman greeted me as the tour guide. Her name is Camille. We went from the first floor to the 4th floor, then skipped to the 10th floor, and finally the 17th floor where the recording studios where located. Apparently, other businesses had reserved floors 18 through 30. One day, I plan to take the elevator to the top floor. 

Camille asked me, "Do you have any questions?"

"Uh, how long have you worked here as a tour guide?"

"Five years. I love it! I get to meet all the famous people. The biggest perks are the free stuff. One year, all the employees got Michael Kors and Kate Spade bags along with Pandora jewelry for free. Nike did the same the following year. It was so neat."

"Free name brand stuff. You have a cool job!"

Camille narrowed her eyes at me. "That's gonna be your life soon on a much bigger level."

She had a point. I chuckled, "It still doesn't seem real to me."

"I say give it a few weeks. Once you start creating a buzz, you'll get the royalty treatment," Camille informed me.

I believe her.

"Jae, my love!"

I turned around to see Aja Frost. The award-winning, super-talented, and now best friend in real life. "Aja!" I shouted.

She ran towards me and embraced me like we were long lost sisters. "I'm so excited for us to record today!"

And so my busy schedule began. I made it back to the River's Residence at almost midnight, and I can say that moving forward I will take the schedule more seriously.  Also, I need to get a less itchy wig. My "disguise" as Jae the artist was going to be a problem if I didn't find a comfortable wig soon. The best part of my appearance was definitely my sunglasses. They were heavily tinted; therefore, no one could see my eyes and how I closed them from time-to-time. Overall, day one of Ricky Santana's New Artist Program/boot camp or whatever he called it is not so bad or am I speaking too soon?