100. Men ⚔️

I woke up way too early. I can't believe my eyes saw seven in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep, but I was just lying in bed with my eyes closed. Instead of forcing myself back to sleep, I grabbed my phone and went to my Bible app. I'm gonna have to make this a routine. I said a prayer before going to the book of John and read the first chapter as Cha-Cha suggested.

"Wow! That was powerful. I didn't expect to hear so much about Jesus. I mean, duh, Jamie. What am I saying?" I thought before speaking aloud, "So... this chapter is really honing in the importance of Jesus as the Son of God. Let's read Matthew chapter one next."

I went to the book of Matthew, and I read the first chapter.

"An entire family tree from Abraham to Jesus. I wish I could trace back my family genealogy. I didn't know the Bible traced the bloodline like that. This is history."

Then, I went to the book of Mark and read the first chapter.

"That's so simple. Repent and believe in the gospel. Why have the preachers I heard made being saved sound so complicated?" I shook my head as I continued to read. 

"What a time to have been alive to see Jesus and to see him healing people. I would've been following him everywhere if I could." My own words surprised me. "God, what are you doing to me? I'm talking to myself. No! I'm talking with You. That's right. I'm talking to God. God, this is really, really good. I wish I would've read it sooner."

Finally, I read the first chapter of Luke.

"Wait-a-minute, Elizabeth and Mary are cousins? That means that John the Baptist whose mama is Elizabeth and Jesus whose mom is Mary are second cousins. Right? That's so amazing. The man I read about who was baptizing people and talking about the coming Messiah was John who is related to Jesus. This was enlightening. I really learned a lot."

I was quiet as my thoughts turned flips and did acrobatics. Finally, I pointed to the ceiling. "This is just between me and you, God. I'm gonna do better by my cousin. I'm gonna have more patience with her, but I'm gonna need your help. You know how she is."

On that note, I closed my Bible app and got out of bed. Two hours had flown by, and it was time to get ready for the day. After a shower, I put on a black V-neck shirt, a long denim skirt, and black sneakers. I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was 10:45 a.m. I wonder if Cha-Cha is free today. I decided to call her.

She answered on the first ring. "Good morning, Jamie!"

I exclaimed, "Good morning, Cha-Cha! How are you?"

"I'm well. And you?" 

"I'm up," I giggled. "I was calling because my friend A.B. is in L.A. today, and I remember the last time we talked that--"

Cha-Cha interrupted me, "No need to explain. What time are you coming over?"

"He's going to pick me up between 11:30 and noon, and then we'll be headed to your house."

"Okay. Just text or call me when you're about five minutes away. I'll meet you two downstairs when you get here."

"Sounds good. Thanks, Cha-Cha."

"Anytime. I'll see you soon."

We hung up. 

Now, the only thing I was a little nervous about was A.B. and Deonte meeting. I might as well call Deonte and give him the heads up.

I stood in front of my bedroom window as I placed my phone to my ear. It rang twice before I heard Deonte's voice. There was loud music playing in the background. Then, I didn't hear it anymore.