105. Villain 🦹‍♀️

Arriving at Ricky Santana's mansion did not change my mood for the better. I'd been feeling uneasy about coming here ever since my last interaction with him.

When we got to the doors, there were three men with metal detector wands in hand. Monica and I were allowed inside while Deonte and his guards had to be patted down and searched.

Two women stood in front of the second pair of doors. One asked, "Do you have your phones?"

"No," Monica lied. "We left them in the car."

"Good, because there is a no phone policy as well as a nondisclosure agreement that all guests have to sign."

The other woman held a tablet out to me. "Please sign."

"Jae A.B. doesn't sign anything without her lawyer present." Monica took the tablet in her hands.

The first woman said, "Jae A.B. is required, and so are you."

I arched my brow. "Just sign it," I told my cousin.

After Monica signed, the woman confirmed her signature before asking if she'd like the agreement sent via text or email.

"Email it to moneymatters_00_1@email.com."

Then, I signed the agreement before having it sent to the same email that Monica gave them. Finally, we were allowed to go inside the mansion.

"Are they still searching Deonte?" I asked.

Monica nodded her head.

"Jae!" Colby nearly ran into me. "I was minutes away from calling you. You look great by the way."

I smiled at him as he linked my arm with his arm. 

"You have to perform right away."

"Huh? I thought I was performing at midnight," I said.

Colby shook his head, "There's been a change of plans." He led me over to where the DJ was playing music. "Our performer is here!" He shouted over the music.

The DJ acknowledged me. He pulled back his headphones and asked, "What song are you singing?"

I whispered to the DJ what I wanted him to play. As he arranged the set, I looked around to see where Monica and Deonte were.

"I'm ready when you are," the DJ told me.

"Thanks. I'll point to you."

Colby returned with two shots in his hands.

"No. Thank you," I told him.

"These are for me. I've been running around this place for hours trying to make sure everything and everyone is taken care of." He took both shots before stacking the glasses. "Please tell me you're ready."

"I'm ready."

Colby directed me to a platform that was setup in the middle of the room. It had to be at minimum 2 feet high. I walked up the few steps and stood in the center of the stage.

The DJ scratched the music before stopping it. "Ladies and Gentlemen, turn your attention to the stage. Right now, we have the one and only Jae A.B. ready to sing for ya! Get your hands together!"

Everyone cheered and applauded.

I finally spotted Monica who was making her way towards the stage. Then, I pointed to the DJ.