97. Lawyer Up 👩‍⚖️

Zack and I didn't talk for long. He ended up getting a call that sounded like it wasn't going to be a short one. He told me we would talk later. I left his presence trying to settle my brain on all that he had told me.

On the way back to my bedroom, my choreographer Kenneth sent me a text that we'll be rehearsing for the New Year's Eve party performance tomorrow. I messaged him back.

Me: Sounds good. What time?

Kenneth: 10 a.m. we'll keep it simple since the performance is close and not anything that important 

Oh, if only he knew.

Me: Cool! I'll see you tomorrow morning 

I stood in front of my bedroom window, overlooking the pool. Maybe I should take a dip in the jacuzzi. Nah, maybe some other time. I'll just take a shower. 

After my shower, I went downstairs to the kitchen to see what I could put together. It's crazy how I could've just ordered food through a delivery app, but now that Maximo and Bridgette are gone and I'm hungry, I needed to eat now. I ended up making a turkey sandwich with some sliced fruit on the side. I took a seat and ate at the kitchen table. 

A few minutes later, Cathy spoke before I saw her. "Well, I guess I can't avoid you all the time."

I turned around to see her smiling. "Oh, hi. I can go to my room if you want me to."

Cathy stopped at the table and rested her arms on the chair next to me. "Stay. We should talk, anyway. What are you eating?" She asked me.

I looked at my plate. "What I could find. Turkey, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, and guacamole which I would've never put on my sandwich back home, but it's really good. This guac has a little kick to it. And there's a container full of sliced fruit in the fridge. I just put some in a bowl."

"And you're drinking water?" Cathy pointed at my water bottle.

I nodded my head.

"Well, at least you're sticking to your diet."

I shook my head, "Not really. This is just what I could find." 

"You did say that." Cathy pulled the chair out and took a seat. "Don't mind me. Eat your food."

"Were you going to the kitchen?" I asked her.

Cathy replied, "No. I saw you were in here and decided to speak."

I nodded my head.

"What are you working on these days or are you on a break?" She asked me.

I thought before saying, "The break part is out of the question. It's just work-working... and suff."

Cathy arched her brow.

"By the way, Happy Birthday! I didn't see you, but I wanted to tell you that."

"Thank you."

I smirked. This is like my second time talking to this woman with more than a greeting. We don't have that type of relationship to where I feel comfortable enough to have a genuine conversation.

After another bite of my sandwich, I said, "This is really good."

Cathy stared at me like she was scanning my brain for answers.

I looked down at my plate to avoid eye contact.

"Maybe it's a good thing I decided to speak. Is there something going on between you and Zeke... or Zack? I know my sons. They're not always the nicest or most respectful. It's easy to quarrel with them."