110. The Fireworks 🎆

After emptying the duffle bag and giving back the clothes that Monica and I wore to Cathy, I returned A.B.'s call like I told him I would.

"How are you, Jamie?" The baritone voice asked me.

I grinned as I sat on my bed. "I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Zeke's parents know the truth about everything, and they're going to help me when it comes to suing RiSe Records."

"Really?" A.B. inquired.

"Yes."

A.B. stated, "I'm really glad to hear that. I'll be praying that this doesn't get dragged on, and it works out in your favor. I know it's been hard for you, but you've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, A.B." I stood up.

"Jamie, I have to be honest with you, even though I'd rather tell you this in-person, I have to tell you this before the year ends. I haven't shown you the best representation of a man led by God. If anything, I've confused you, and I may've pushed you away unintentionally. I just want you to know that our friendship has meant a lot to me. Our intimacy and banter has had me daydreaming a few times while working."

I giggled.

"The truth is my last relationship hurt me more than I realized, and you deserve better. You're an incredible woman who doesn't deserve to be played with. I recognize my wrongs, and I hope that you can forgive me for them. I will see you tomorrow night, but I hope you have a great New Year celebration with the Rivers and Monica."

I guess today is apology day. "I forgive you for any and everything as long as you can forgive me for my behavior and actions that haven't been really mature. Yes, I like you, but it was something about you that gave me such boldness. You said that you haven't shown that you're a man of God, but I beg to differ. You have so much confidence when you walk into a room, and when I'm with you, I know it rubs off on me. You don't ever seem distracted when we're together. Like, you look at me and listen to me without getting bored or annoyed." 

A.B. chuckled, "I could say the same for you."

I smiled, "All I know is if I had never met you, I would not have learned so much about God, this world, and myself. I thank God for placing you in my life at this time of my life. You're an amazing person, and I hope you'll always be in my life."

"Jamie, I appreciate that. I know you have somewhere to be, but I expect us to spend a lot of time together when I get to L.A."

I agreed, "We will."

"Have a good time and a good night."

I said to him, "You, too."

We ended the call.

Downstairs, the dinner table was set. It seemed there were a lot of people, but the elaborate decorations, hired people, and the Rivers family standing around made it appear that way. Monica and Zell were doing a two-step, dancing side-by-side. That was when I realized there was music playing.

Zack and his mother was dancing and singing together. It was cute to see them like that.

Zeke was on the phone, talking while sitting at the table. Then, he put it away. I walked over to him. 

"You know everyone is dancing except for you?"

He looked up at me. "Jamie, will you dance with me?"

I pretended to be shocked. "Oh! Why yes, Mr. Ezekiel Rivers. I've dreamt about this moment all my life."