104. Getting Ready 👗

Upstairs, in my bedroom, Cathy and Monica stood on either side of me as I opened the box. Inside was a sheer black, sparkling jumpsuit.

"What is it?" Monica asked me.

"An outfit," I told her.

Monica said, "Before you take it out, take a picture of it with the address label. Always think about the evidence."

Smart. I grabbed my phone from my purse and took a few photos. Then, I removed the outfit from the box. I held it up for all to see.

"He wants you to wear that," Cathy stated. "Did you know he would send you something to wear to the party?" She asked me.

"No. I didn't get a message either."

Monica said, "Don't wear it." 

"I'm not. It's way too revealing."

"Do you already have what you're wearing?" Cathy asked me.

I shook my head.

"Follow me," Cathy began, "Even though I'm taller, you should be able to fit some of my clothes. And don't think that because I'm no longer a celebrity stylist that I don't keep up with the latest trends and fashions."

Monica folded her arms. "Can I wear something from your closet, too?"

"I'll find you something. Don't worry."

We followed Cathy to her bedroom. I mean, her closet which was separate from her bedroom. It was basically a bedroom turned into a closet. It resembled a small clothing store. There were racks along the wall, a few chairs and mirrors all around. It was also very organized from colors to styles. 

Within a few minutes, Cathy had about four different outfits for me to try on. Of them all, a rose gold jumpsuit as a halter top connected to pants with fringes was the perfect fit. Cathy paired it with a fur shawl and I was happy.

Monica was able to fit a beautiful twinkling tan or nude color, long layered tulle dress with a sweetheart neckline. The loose shoulder straps enhanced the dress, too. She looked gorgeous in it.

"I recommend the both of you wear either white, tan, or silver shoes. Now please tell me you own shoes in those colors."

Monica and I shook our heads. We were putting Cathy to work.

"What size shoes do you wear?" She asked us.

Monica was only able to fit a pair of white fur slides. Her feet were too small for Cathy's heels. I was able to wear silver sequin ankle boots that slightly gave me a fancy cowgirl look. I was comfortable in it, and I was very appreciative of Cathy's help.

I exclaimed, "Thank you for everything!"

Cathy hugged us. "You two have become the daughters I always wanted. Never hesitate to come to me for anything."

"Thank you, Cathy," Monica told her.

"You're welcome. Now go! It's about time you two get ready for the night. I want to hear all about it tomorrow morning over breakfast - a real breakfast."

Monica and I went back to my room and started getting our hygiene together. While I was showering, she was taking out the make-up. While she was showering, I was getting dressed. Once she was out of the shower, she started on my make-up. Soon, she was dressed up and putting on her makeup. I finished my contour and put on my silver wig.

"Cousin, you look so cute!" Monica complimented me.

"And so do you!"

I assisted Monica with her high bun hairstyle. We almost ran out of bobby pins. Finally, Monica and I looked at one another and broke out into a dance.