116. More to Give 🎁

After eating, Cha-Cha received endless compliments. Then, everyone handed me gifts. Cha-Cha bought me an air-fryer. She said it's better than a microwave. Deonte got me a key to their condo's gym. He said he would show me where it was later. Deana aka Chanel got me three outfits. All were super cute. There was a denim dress, an orange crop top and matching skirt, and a purple bodycon dress. Zeke and Monica got me an envelope full of money. The note inside read it was a thousand dollars. I hugged them both. A.B. got me a house key. Immediately, I knew it was to the house he just bought where we celebrated my birthday. 

I jokingly asked him, "And where will you stay?"

He answered, "In the Airbnb at the end of the street."

I didn't even notice his Airbnb was on the same street. This guy was smart and protective in an unnoticeable yet bold way. I appreciated it.

As we all chatted in separate groups, Deonte pulled me aside.

"Thank you for the gym membership," I teased him.

He smiled, "Let me show you how to get there." 

We walked out of the condo together and I walked over to the elevator. Deonte whispered, "Over here!"

I looked to see him opening the door to his condo.

"Oh." I jogged over to him. 

We walked inside his condo. He closed the door behind me. 

"Do you have the gym key?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I pulled it out my pocket and showed it to him.

"Actually, it's the key to my apartment. Can I have it back, please?"

I chuckled as I gave it to him.

"Thanks. Your real gift from me is this." Deonte walked over to the bar in his kitchen and grabbed an envelope. He came back and handed it to me. "It came in the mail a few days ago. When I found out about your birthday, I knew this was the perfect time to give it to you."

I arched my brow as I opened the envelope.

"And when you get the chance, I'll need your mailing address so it can go directly to you next time."

I nodded my head as I pulled out the paper. I blinked several times when I saw the check amount. "Is-is this mine?" I asked him. 

"Yes. You have writing credit on my song 'All I Need.' And that's just the first one. More will come."

"Why did you give me writing credit?" I asked him.

Deonte placed his hands on my shoulder. "Look me in the eyes."

I did as told.

"Repeat after me. I am a talented singer and more importantly a phenomenal songwriter."

I smiled, "I am a talented singer and more importantly a phenomenal songwriter."

Deonte dropped his hands from my shoulders. "Jamie, you have an ear. You heard my song and gave your input. Why shouldn't you get writing credit?"

"This is crazy. Thank you so much, Deonte," I told him.

He chuckled, "No. Thank you. My song is still at the top of the charts. You know we have to do another one together."

"Sir, if you out here giving me writing credits, we can do an entire album together."

Deonte pointed at me, "I like the way you think. Also, I'm glad you and my family are close. Chanel is in awe of you; especially, now that she's seen your face. She kept telling me how pretty you were."