115. We Love You 🥳

It was hard getting out of A.B.'s car, but as soon as he said, "Jamie, get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow," I made sure to tell him this. "No, I'll see you tomorrow."

He chuckled, "Doesn't matter who says it as long as we both know that we'll see each other tomorrow."

"As long as you know that I told you that I'll see you tomorrow." I really wasn't trying to end our conversation.

A.B. added, "Remember I made more plans for your birthday."

"That's right. Bye!" I quickly got out his car and went to my room. I gotta get some rest so that I'm wide awake for part two of my birthday surprise. 

The first thing I did after waking up was thank God for waking me up. It's my birthday, and A.B. has more to give me. I went to the bathroom, showered, washed my hair, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and began getting ready for the day.

Once my hair was dry, I decided to put it in a high bun with two curly strands in front. Then, I left the bathroom and checked my phone to see if anyone had called or texted. And sure enough I had about four missed calls and several text messages from people wishing me a Happy Birthday.

I returned my parents' call first.

"Happy birthday to you," my parents sang to me.

When they finished, I thanked them.

"We hope you have a wonderful birthday," my step-dad told me. "We love you, baby girl."

"I love you, too. I really wish I could spend the day with you."

My mom said, "So do we. We were gonna surprise you when you got the chance to visit us, but we don't know when that will be."

I sat on my bed, waiting for my mom to fill me in.

"Your dad is now retired."

"Really?!" I screeched with zeal. "Oh, my goodness, y'all! For real? Daddy, I'm so glad you don't have to work anymore."

"Me, too. All thanks to you, Princess. Even if you didn't give us money, baby, I just want you to know how proud of you I am. We both are," he told me.

I nodded my head. "Don't make me cry, right now. If singing can help y'all in anyway, I'll do music for the rest of my life."

"Only if it makes you happy," my step-dad said.

"I love y'all."

"We love you, Jamie," my mom said, "Now, go on and celebrate your birthday with your friends in California, and tell Jace we said hi."

How could I forget that my parents and A.B. were close?

I smiled, "I'll tell him."

"Okay. Bye, Jamie! Happy birthday!"

I chuckled, "Thank you! Bye-bye!" I ended the call with my parents.

The next call I returned, I was happy to see.

"Jamie!" Larry called my name.

I chuckled, "Hey, Larry! How are you?"

He said, "Happy New Year! I called you, because I wanted to thank you one more time for jumping on my record. Also, it just made it to the radio."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Are you serious, Larry?"

"I'm serious. I did very early morning interviews with about three radio stations already, and they all played my song. When I told them that you were featured on it, that was it."