132. Primary Colors 💌

After eating, we made it back to the hotel. Even though I was tired from all the places we went to, I didn't want to depart from him yet. We held hands as we walked to my room.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" A.B. asked me.

I brightly smiled, "I am! What time are you waking up?"

"Your mom said to come over no later than nine o'clock for breakfast. I was gonna check out around 7 a.m. so I can go home and pack first."

I exhaled, "That means I gotta wake up early to ride with my parents."

"Nah, I can make it back here and pick you up."

"Really?"

A.B. completely turned his body to face me. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Why wouldn't I pick up my woman?"

I looked away. Stop blushing, Jamie. Stop it.

"Go inside and get some rest," he told me.

"Okay." I used my key card to unlocked the door before opening it. 

Before I knew it, my feet had left the ground. A.B. had me inn his arms but he froze.

"Why are you carrying me?" I asked him.

He spun around. "Where's the bed?"

My eyes bucked. "Sir, what?!"

"I was gonna throw you on your bed, but there's a living room in here."

I chuckled, "I was rooming with the bride. She's supposed to have a room like this."

"True." A.B. took me to the bedroom and finally pretended like he was going to throw me on the bed, but he gently put me down.

I smiled, "Why did y--"

He lips instantly covered mine. 

I don't know how much time went back, but it felt like time had stopped just for us.

A.B. slowly pulled away. "I had fun being engaged today."

I touched my lips to make sure they were still there. 

 He said, "Tomorrow, we'll just be girlfriend and boyfriend."

I sat up on my elbows. "You make it sound so basic. Don't you know that I'm the prize?" I teased him.

A.B. nodded his head, "You're more than a prize. You're the achievement."

The achievement? Was he trying to give me a big head?

He sat on the bed, looking at me. "I wouldn't agree to anyone waiting on someone else; especially, without talking to each other about it, but I thank you for waiting."

I finally admitted, "I said I waited, but honestly, I wasn't ready to be in a relationship either. I'm glad you had enough sense to call it out. Like you said, we were at different points in our lives. I was at the start of my career, you were figuring yours out, and we were living miles apart. With all the drama that was going on, I probably would've resented you and blamed you for not being present enough."

A.B. agreed, "True... Well, goodnight, beautiful." A.B. kissed my forehead before standing up.

"Goodnight!" I waved at him as he walked out. I fell backwards onto the bed. Oh, that man is fine! Does he know? Like, he has to know how attractive he is or is he more attractive, because he's all mine now? Hmmm.