36. Complicated 🤯

Maximo drove the car around the skyscraper - The RiSe Tower. At the front entrance where there was a line of people.

"What are people in line for?" I asked.

Zeke, without looking up from his phone, told me, "To tour the building."

"They do tours?" Monica and I are definitely doing that.

"You don't need to get in line. You'll have an all access pass once you become a RiSe artist or associate."

Good to know. 

Maximo drove to a garage gate. After scanning a card, the gate opened. He drove down into the parking garage. The parked cars were far from average. From Ashton Martin to Bugatti, I knew I was entering the land of money. 

Maximo stopped the car in front of two glass doors where three security guards stood. One of them opened the back door and helped me out. Zeke led the way through the doors where there was a security booth with a window. The man behind the window waved his hand at Zeke. Zeke waved back.

In front of us was an elevator. The doors opened, and we all walked in. I turned around to face the closing elevator doors, but everyone else was facing the opposite direction. I slowly turned back around.

Soon, the back elevator doors opened and everyone walked inside one of the most luxurious lobbies I've ever been in. The floors were definitely marble. The décor was a mix of rose gold, cream, and white - the walls, the doors, the columns, the glass vases and statues, and even the tables. Yet, all the chairs were black. 

The three security guards led us down a hall and into another room. It was smaller but still very elegant.

A woman shouted Zeke's name.

He walked over to her. They embraced.

"Boy, you know you wrong for not coming to visit me. You and your big eared brother." She had the voice of a favorite auntie. 

Zeke chuckled, "You know I'm always working, Aunt Shell."

I knew it!

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I talked to your mom about a week ago, and she told me you had a girl in the house w--"

"Aunt Shell, this is Jamie, my girlfriend." Zeke pointed at me.

Hit with embarrassment. I waved at her.

"Girl, get over here," Aunt Shell told me.

I quickly joined the duo. I held out my hand, but she pulled me into a hug.

"Let me get a good look at you." She took a step back. "She's pretty... But I just know you ain't from around here. When did you find the time to pick up this one?" Aunt Shell asked Zeke.

He licked his lips. "Long story, but she's the artist that Ricky is going to sign."

Aunt Shell gasped. She's a dramatic one but not too annoying. "Shut up! You can sing, girl?"

I nodded my head.

"Well, let's get to this meeting. Shall we?" Aunt Shell led the way to an open door where two men sat on one side of an 8-seated wooden table. 

They stood up. "Good morning, everyone. I'm Duncan Ledger. I legally represent RiSe."

"And I'm Tom Wellington. I represent Ricky Santana Entertainment."

Aunt Shell introduced herself, "I'm Shelly Baylor. I represent Zeke Rivers Productions."

What is Zeke Rivers Productions?