106. Room for Recovery 💔

We arrived at Deonte's condo. After getting out the elevator, I knew where he was taking us. The door opened as we stood in front of it.

Cha Cha welcomed us inside her apartment. "Come on in. I don't know if you two are hungry, but I warmed up some plates."

"Thank you, Cha Cha," I told her.

Monica asked, "I can't eat anything after what I just went through."

Cha Cha walked over to Monica. "If you like, I have a guest room that you can use..."

"Yes, please."

"Follow me." Cha Cha led Monica to the guest bedroom.

I turned to Deonte. "Thank you for bringing us here, and thank you for being there. I don't want to think about what could've happened if you weren't there."

"You don't have to thank me. I'm just amazed at how wild Aja was acting. I haven't seen a person act like that since I went Independent."

I shook my head as my mind went back to what happened at the party. My legs began to tremble. I could feel myself falling down.

Deonte quickly caught me. "Don't breakdown, Jamie. Not now. Not never. Don't let them win."

Tears began to flood my eyes as I rested my head on Deonte's chest.

He rubbed my back. "It's gonna be okay. I saw everything. Whatever you choose to do, I'm here to help."

I had a huge lump in my throat. My body felt weak. 

"I don't know what all happened tonight, and you don't have to ever tell me, but I'll be praying for you..." Cha Cha spoke as she rubbed my back.

I took a deep breath before asking, "How is my cousin?"

"She asked to use my phone to call her boyfriend. I didn't hear their conversation, but I think he'll make her feel a little better."

I sighed, "He's gonna end up flying back home and hurting somebody."

Deonte asked me, "Do you want to eat?"

"Yes."

We ended up sitting on the couch. Cha Cha brought us two warm plates of chicken alfredo with broccoli and lemonade to drink. I thanked her.

Cha Cha took one of my hands and one of her brothers hands before bowing her head. "Heavenly Father, all praise and honor and glory belongs to You. I thank you for being with us on this day. I ask that you bless this food and make it a nourishment for their bodies. I pray that you cover my brother, Jamie and her cousin for what they've gone through tonight. Please protect them from any physical pain and mental stress. And for anyone who is suffering, I pray that they seek You and know You for themselves. Thank you for another day that You've blessed us to wake up and be alive for, God. I pray Your Will be done and Your Kingdom come in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen."

"Amen," Deonte and I said in unison.

"I'm gonna head back up to get some sleep, but don't hesitate to barge in my room and wake me up if you need anything."

Deonte said to his sister, "Love you, Cha Cha. You've done enough. Get some rest."

"Love you, brother. I love you, too, Jamie." Cha Cha waved at us before leaving our presence.

I picked up my fork and didn't put it down until my plate was empty.

Deonte smiled, "Someone was hungry."

I agreed, "The last time I ate was for brunch."

Deonte stacked our plates. "I'm glad you ate." He stood up and went to the kitchen, putting our plates in the sink.