43. Spoke Too Soon 🤐

Everyone clapped when the video shoot was a wrap. I shouted with joy before heading back to the dressing room. When I saw that no one was in there, I made a dive for the sofa and closed my eyes. Maybe, I could rest my eyes for five minutes.

The door burst open with a scream. "My love!" Aja Frost sang.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes

"You can't be going to sleep already. We gotta go to the studio." She sat next to me.

After changing back into my clothes and my Sia wig - yes, I've named her Sia, I got in a car with Aja Frost. Her driver took us back to the RiSe Tower. Aja Frost talked about the music video as I half-listened. There's no way I was going to contribute to this conversation. That would only bring attention to myself. I'm trying to slip-in a few Zs.

Aja Frost nudged me. "Wake up, my love! We're here."

I fell asleep?

The day continued with a meeting. A food company was interested in having Aja Frost and I sing "Choose" in their super bowl commercial. Sounds fun!

Then, I was able to take a short lunch break before meeting with another songwriter. Is there a nice way to say that I didn't like any of the songs? They just weren't the right fit for me or my ears.

When I thought my day was over, I got a call from Colby to go to Ricky's office. I went from the elevator to the top floor, the 30th floor where Ricky's office was located. I learned that the CEO, president and vice president offices were all up here. I walked down a hall to two large open doors. They were massive as if giants made them. I'm sure they were more than seven feet tall. 

Past the doors was a receptionist sitting at a glass desk with the view of the city behind her.

"Hi, Jae. Ricky would like to see you in his office," the receptionist greeted me. "Head to the right. It's the only door there."

"Thank you." I walked to the right, down a short corridor to the only door before me. It was open. I went inside.

Ricky stood up from his desk when he saw me. "Jae, close the door."

I turned to do so before walking over to his desk. It was the longest desk I've ever seen. It nearly reached both sides of the room. All the walls were covered with artists' records and albums from gold to platinum. One of the biggest plaques on the wall with three platinum records showcased Aja Frost's first album - So Innocent. That album had all the hits on it. It defined the year 2018. Her last album, self-titled Aja Frost, went platinum. It didn't define 2020, but it was another solid album. I have a feeling her next one is going to be her best one yet.

"Have a seat." Ricky pointed at the chair in front of his glass desk. "How are you?"

Tricky question. I sighed before speaking, "I'm still alive."

"Are you enjoying boot camp?"

I smirked, "I would say I'm adjusting to it, but I know this boot camp is going to help me grow as an artist."

"I appreciate your honesty. I've seen all kinds of artists. Some are on a high and will do anything to make it, some are just happy to be here, and some think their gift speaks for itself. I think you're somewhere in the middle."

I lightly laughed, "I can't disagree with that."

"I now see what Zeke saw in you. You're not polished, but you're not rough around the edges, either. You're like Goldilocks and the Three Bears - just right." 

At this point, I've come to know Ricky Santana as a talker. At first, I didn't mind it, but now I just want to go home. Can we get to the point? Sir, I'm tiii'ed!