128. The Funny Thing About Love 💖

After an hour, A.B. and I left the pool and this time I ran to the elevators and left without him. When I got back to my room, I took a shower. Afterwards, my stomach growled. I knew I should've ordered some food beforehand.

At the sound of my vibrating phone, I picked it up before sitting on the bed. "Yellow?"

"Jamie, we're on our way back but we're not staying. I tried to pack up most of my stuff, but could you make sure all my luggage is by the door for me? And if I leave anything, just take it with you."

"I gotcha, cousin. So how did the talk with Zeke go?"

Monica sighed, "We're going back to L.A. I let him win even though it's still my wedding night, I mean, our wedding night. I just don't want to remember this day ended with us going to the hospital to see that ol' excuse of a man."

I nodded my head. "It's a sad situation all around, but I'm going to pack up the rest of your stuff and put it by the door."

"Thank you, cousin. I really appreciate everything you've done from me. I mean it."

"Aww, don't make me cry. I appreciate your annoying self, too."

We both laughed.

"If I don't see you when I get back to the hotel, tell A.B. I said hey."

She's back to herself now. "Bye, Moni."

"Bye!"

As soon as I hung up, there was a knock on the door. I skipped over to it and looked through the peephole. It was A.B. "No one is home," I told him.

A.B. smiled, "Good! I can keep all the food to myself."

I quickly opened the door. "What food?"

A.B. looked at his phone. "Monica told me to take you out to eat, because she could hear your stomach growling." He showed me his phone.

Monica: Hey AB

A.B.: Hey, Mrs. Rivers

Monica: I'm on the phone with your girl and she is starving. Her stomach growled so loud I thought it was mine

A.B.: 😂😂😂

Monica: Take that girl out and get her something to eat

A.B.: On it. I'm headed to her room now.

I narrowed my eyes at A.B. "I don't like y'all."

He smiled, "Was she lying?"

I arched my brow as I stared at him.

"I'm joking," A.B. told me. "Put your shoes on so we can go."

"A.B., STOP! I have shoes on."

We both laughed.

"I had to say something for you running away after we left the pool. I feel better now." He winked at me. "And your feet look okay in those sandals."

I looked down at my shoes.