113. Crushed Ice 🧊

Monica got out the car so fast that I didn't have time to unbuckle my seatbelt. The driver took off like he was auditioning for Fast & Furious

"Everything alright up there?" A

"Everything alright up there?" A.B. asked the driver.

"Yeah. The lady said I have to get you to your stop in less than 10 minutes or she won't tip me," the driver admitted.

A.B. chuckled, "You can slow down. I'll tip you."

I glanced at A.B. while he wasn't looking at me. Even his side profile looks good. Ooh, he got a fresh haircut, too. I know for sure the barber and Monica planned all this. A.B. is already attractive, but I've never seen him look so friggin--

"Good?" A.B. asked me.

I blinked a few times before looking out the window, again. "Uh-huh." I nodded my head. 

A.B. said, "I won't keep you the rest of the day. I plan to do that tomorrow unless you already have plans."

"I don't have any plans. Do you mind us being quiet for a while? I have a bit of a headache," I lied.

A.B. nodded his head before taking his phone out his pocket.

I don't know why he expected me to be able to hold a conversation and look at him at the same time. I am not in the right mindset to multitask. 

It was exactly ten minutes later when we arrived. I saw A.B. tip the driver a couple twenties before getting his luggage out the trunk. 

The house we stood in front of was very modern - box shaped and a lot of glass windows. 

"I bought it a few days ago for a good price, but before I sell it, I thought I'd test it out. I hired a cleaning company and interior designer to dress it up."

I finally looked at A.B. "I'm starting to believe that you are a billionaire."

"Not until I'm married to a millionaire," A.B. smiled at me. "Just joking."

I smirked, "Is this your first time seeing it after all the cosmetic work was done?"

"Yes, but it's not perfect. It still has a few problem areas like the pool in the back. C'mon. Let's go inside." He held up the house key.

We walked inside the beautifully furnished house. The smell of new combined with expensive taste stirred my nostrils to a place called money. "It looks really nice in here," I commented.

A.B. turned to me. "Before we do a house tour, I wanted to know... Well, I saw a few videos of that interview and what people were saying. How are you feeling?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's the first day of the New Year. If this is a sign on how this year is going to go, then I better get ready for it."

A.B. held his hand out to me.

I looked at it before placing my hand in his.

"If you need anything you need, just ask me," he stated. "Let's do this... together."