45. Dream, Girl ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

With each day, came a week. With each week, the first month of boot camp ended. At certain times, I felt like I was on autopilot. Yet, I was still enjoying the flight.

Aja Frost definitely gave me the prep talk and encouragement that I needed from time-to-time. Zeke wasn't as involved as much, but he made sure to check on me every few days. Due to my schedule, thankfully, I hadn't ran into his parents. They were in the house for about a month before leaving to go overseas last weekend. I was just glad I didn't have to wake up early to beat Zeke's mom trying to get a ride from Maximo. Now, I could stay in bed longer.

Colby did inform me that I could have a personal driver, but I declined because it wasn't free. My lawyer warned me to keep my costs down as much as possible in the beginning, because a 3-million-dollar advance can run out quickly. This is also why it was smart to continue this fake relationship with Zeke. Actually, he and I had a good conversation last night.

Zeke spoke, "You know the finale for my show is coming up in a couple weeks..."

On the side of the house, we sat in front of the pool on the lounge chairs. The only light source came from the full moon.

I spoke, "I can't believe season one is almost over. I've been rooting for either Larry or Sasha to take the win."

Yes, my old co-worker Larry rapped his way to finale night of Zeke's show The Power House.

Zeke agreed, "As good as they are, I have a feeling the audience is going to vote for Avery to win."

I sighed, "I hear ya."

Zeke added, "But I brought that up, because I want you to be on the show."

My eyes bucked as I quickly looked at him. "Show where?"

"Don't act like you forgot. I told you I wanted you to be on the show. Jae, I want you to be the special guest performance for the season finale. You and Aja Frost have the number one song out, right now. Ricky told me you're releasing another song in a week which is perfect. You can perform both songs. That's five million viewers tuned in. That's not including the replay or social media. You're new song will be another hit."

"I haven't performed since Ricky's party. I haven't professionally performed at all. I am still in boot camp. With my schedule, I wouldn't have time to practice.  Five million people will eat me alive. I'd be heavily criticized. People will be asking why I wear sunglasses like H.E.R. and wigs like Sia."

Zeke unexpectedly laughed, "Not H.E.R. and wigs like Sia," he continued to be tickled. He leaned over his chair crying in laughter. 

I realized that I'd only kept that to myself. Glad Zeke found the humor in it. "Sir, I was being serious."

Finally, Zeke was able to talk again, "You are hilarious, Jae."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "It wasn't that funny."

"I know, but the way you said it... You're naturally funny. Anyway, we're going to end this conversation here, because I've told you a million times already that I am here to help you. You also have RiSe Records, your team, and your new best friend Aja Frost."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "So, you've been watching us?"

Zeke shook his head. "No. I don't have to people watch. Just don't hang around her so much."

"Why? You jealous?" I teased him. 

"I've been in this environment my whole life, and it comes with a lot of pressure. When the spotlight hits you at a bad angle, you'll need a go-to, and it shouldn't be other celebrities or toxic people. You should invite Monica back out here and communicate with your family often. They'll remind you of where you came from." Zeke stood up.