38. The First to Know 🥇

It was Friday morning, and I was on cloud nine. To go from working at a music store to signing a record deal, I was still in disbelief.

Monica woke me up, again, but this time she was getting ready with me. I was planning to be basic like usual, but Monica put a halt to that. I wore light makeup, my hair in a high bun, a fitted sleeveless knee-length denim dress, and white slip-on Vans.

Monica wore a white short-sleeve blouse, a fitted knee-length denim skirt, and white Converses. Her hair was in a low swoop ponytail, and her makeup was light and flawless.

With our purses in hand and phones fully charged, we walked out the bedroom to find two small bags outside the door.

"Ooh, what's that?" Monica asked.

I picked them up and carried them over to the bed. "Tiffany & Co." I read the name on the bags.

"Hold up! Did we just get expensive jewelry from Tiffany & Co?" Monica grabbed one of the bags and opened it up.

"Monica, you don't know if that's yours or not."

She pulled out a small card. "To: Monica. From: ZR. Last time I checked my name is Monica."

I immediately rolled my eyes. "We're not wearing this." I pushed the bag away.

"Girl, you done lost your mind. I'm wearing this." She opened a box of a diamond necklace with a butterfly pendant and matching diamond butterfly earrings.

"The last time I got something like this was from Zeke's brother. If Zeke got this for us, he would've gave it to us or told us he got it for us. Zack, on the other hand, is very sneaky. And I will not give him the satisfaction." I walked over to the door. "Let's go."

Monica continued to look at the jewelry. "You lucky you my cousin and I love you, otherwise, I would've ignored you and wore it anyway." She closed the jewelry box and put it back in the bag.

We walked out the room together and made our way downstairs. Outside, we were greeted by Maximo.

"Little Sister and Jamie, don't you two look beautiful," Maximo complemented us.

We thanked him as he helped us inside the Range Rover. He took the same route to the RiSe Tower. In the parking garage, standing outside the doors with the security guards was Zeke.

Monica jumped out the vehicle before Maximo could open the door. I waited for Maximo as he helped me out.

"You look good," Zeke told me. "Ready for the meeting?"

I took a deep breath. "Ready as I'll ever be."

The place was still one of the most luxurious places I'd ever been in. Monica was acting like me when I was a first timer. Now, I've graduated to a second timer.

When we got back to the room, Rochelle was sitting down with her phone in her hands. I quickly walked over to her. She stood up and we hugged.

"How was your flight?" I asked her.

"It was great. You look good. Are you ready?"

I nodded my head.

Monica and Zeke joined us.

Rochelle and Zeke shook hands.

"Glad to meet you in person," he said.

"Likewise, Mr. Rivers. Hope you can find it in your heart to be cordial with me for the next few hours."

Zeke licked his lips. "There's no bad blood on my end. Your doing your job, and I can respect that."

Then, we were called to the meeting. Monica and Zeke stayed behind.