70. Doing Too Much 🚷

For two hours, my team and a few staff from the label talked about my career from songs to award shows and from music videos to touring. Just when I thought the meeting was over, Ricky Santana walked in and the meeting went on for another two hours. He wanted me to have more features on the album. Yes, he talked for two hours about other artists he thinks I should work with. At this rate, I was never going to have an album release. I think I checked my phone about 90 times before the meeting was over. I texted A.B. from the time I got in the car with Maximo till I lied in my bed that night.

Me: I'm so exhausted after a 4 hour long meeting. Please tell me your time was spent on something good.

A.B.: I'm sure it was a very important meeting. I left Music Bravos about an hour ago. Now, I'm cooking dinner.

I smiled as I imagined him cooking for me.

Me: Is it ratatouille, again? LOL

A.B.: No lol. I've decided to take the simple route. Steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Me: Ooh sounds delicious. Send a picture when you're done

A.B.: I gotcha. What's on your schedule for tomorrow?

Me: I have a magazine interview and photoshoot, but then Colby added another interview with a podcast called Black Music Matters. When I saw how long their episodes were, I was trying to get out of it

A.B.: Black Music Matters is really popular. Their episodes can get up to 3 hours long, but it's worth it. They highlight black artists, producers, and musicians. They also give a platform to those who don't get much attention. 

Me: In that case, I'll do it

A.B.: You'll like it. They are respectful interviewers which is rare these days. I can't wait to hear your interview with them.

Me: I appreciate your support. What are you doing tomorrow?

A.B.: Believe it or not, I won't be working. You kept telling me to rest and take breaks and that made me think of what my uncle said.

Me: I'm glad to hear that! Are you planning on flying anywhere?

A.B.: No. My mom is on vacation and she wants to see how I'm living in East Grove

Me: Aww that's so sweet. I wish I could meet her

A.B.: Same. I just finished cooking. Gonna make a plate and send you a photo

Me: Ooh yay

A.B.: 

Me: That looks so good! Now I'm hungry

A.B.: Go eat. I'll still be here

Me: You better be. I'll ttyl

A.B.: Ok

I put my phone down and closed my eyes. Then, my phone vibrated. I opened my eyes and picked up my phone.

972-555-8107: What's up Jamie. It's Larry. I just got in the studio and I remember you said you would do a song with me. Are you free between now and Wednesday?

I immediately saved his name in my phone. 

Me: Hey Larry! How you been? Actually, would you be interested in rapping on one of my songs for my album?

Larry: Don't play. You serious?

Me: Yes, sir. I have an empty schedule on Monday morning. Could you meet me at the RiSe Tower at 10 a.m.?

Larry: I'll be there at 9:30!

Me: LOL Cool. I'll see you on Monday

Larry: Bet

I quickly text Colby to add Larry to my schedule. Then, I decided to get ready for bed or exhaustion would become apart of my name. I grabbed a granola bar from my candy bowl as I forced myself to sleep.

When I woke up, Monica was not in bed next to me. Instead of worrying about where she might be, I texted her.

Me: Good morning, Cousin! I hope you and your new boyfriend got plenty of rest.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Half an hour later, I walked out to discover a lump in my bed. I rubbed my eyes as I went over to investigate. I shook my head when I saw Monica's face.

Now, I know good and well she was not there when I woke up. Am I tripping? I turned around and quickly turned my head to see if she moved. The woman was knocked out. Hmm... She's a really great actress. 

Once I was dressed for the day, Sia wig and H.E.R. sunglasses in place, I left my bedroom. I could've went out the side door by the pool to get to the car faster, but I had to be nosey and pay a visit to Zeke's room.

At the end of the hall, Zeke walked towards me, looking wide awake in his casual attire.

"Good morning, Jamie," he greeted me.

I stopped at his door. "Good morning, Ezekiel. How was your night?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He smiled, "Great."

"I bet it was with Monica to keep you company." I just had to get to the point.

He arched his brow. "Monica is a lot of fun, but she left my room kinda early."

I folded my arms. "I got back here at like six-something. I was sleep by eight."

"Monica left my room before nine."

"Is that so?"

Zeke took a deep breath. "Jamie, if Monica and I did anything, she would be asleep in my bed right now."

I dropped my arms to my sides. "Look, I really wasn't expecting my fake-ex and my cousin to like each other."

"There's no such thing as a fake-ex."

I asked, "But a fake relationship exist?"

Zeke pointed at me, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

I gasped, "You lucky I do have somewhere to be."

"Good, 'cause I don't like jealous behavior around me." 

I gasped, again, "Zeke!"

He lightly laughed, "I'm just messin' with you, girl. Go before you be late."

I rolled my eyes before quickly making my way outside. Seriously, though... Am I jealous or am I doing too much?

I spent the entire day overthinking every word I spoke and every move I made. What is going on with me?