4. Rock the Boat 🛥️

"My schedule just cleared. Can I pick you up?"

"Like right now?" I asked him.

Zeke chuckled, "Yeah, if you're ready."

I lied, "I'm ready."

He asked for my address and said he'd be here in an hour. I didn't even brush my teeth today. I ran to the bathroom and felt disgusted. My acne was raging. My hair was a mess. I needed to take a shower. I wanted to cry. This is not going to work. Maybe, I should call him back and cancel.

No! I can do this. Yes! Let's get ready. Brush teeth. Shower.  Lotion. Clothes. Hair. Makeup. Shoes. Purse. Phone. Done.

Halfway down the stairs, I realized I didn't have on any earrings. Now, I feel naked without earrings. I ran back up the stairs to my apartment.

"Jah-mie!" My neighbor Paulette stood at the top of the stairs.

"Hi, Paulette."

"You look pretty. Where you going?" She asked me.

"Excuse me, Paulette. Can't talk, right now. I'm in a rush."

Paulette laughed, "Oh, I know where you going. You got a date. Don'tcha, girlfriend?!"

I playfully rolled my eyes as I jogged to my apartment door.

"Have a good time, Jah-mie!"

I unlocked my door and ran to my bedroom. I opened my jewelry box and picked up a pair of purple tassel earrings. That made me feel so much better. Three minutes later, I was standing on the sidewalk outside my apartment complex when a luxury sports car parked in front of me. That's when I saw the black horse and the name Ferrari. This car cost more than my tuition of three years, my rent of the last seven years, and my salary all combined.

The passenger's window came down. Zeke wore sunglasses. He smiled at me. "Are you just going to stand there?"

"Oh," I opened the passenger's door and quickly got inside the car. The interior was even more lavish.

"You look beautiful." Zeke took off his sunglasses.

I blushed. "Thank you. You look handsome."

Zeke arched a brow. "Thanks. I thought you were going to bring your grandma sweater."

HA-HA-HA! Not funny.

Zeke laughed when he saw my face

Zeke laughed when he saw my face. "I'm joking." He took off his denim jacket. "You can wear mine, because it's going to be cool where we're going." He handed me his jacket.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as I put on his jacket. My nose picked up his scent, and I nearly fainted. He smells like a sexy, bad boy millionaire. No man should ever smell this good.

"Do you like surprises?" He asked me.

"Depends on what it is."

"I'll surprise you." Zeke reached over me and grabbed my seatbelt to buckle me in.