52. The It Girl 🔥

"Monica, you don't have to keep watching it!" I snatched her phone out of her hand.

"The blogs are going to eat this up," Monica smiled, "That girl in the video is going to make a lot of money."

"She's gonna get five minutes of fame and social media shame," I told Monica.

"Cousin, you acting like it's you in the video with Ricky Santana."

I looked at Monica as she took her phone back. Whoever said a lot can happen in a week, knew exactly what they were talking about.

Monica and I shopped for a few more hours before getting something to eat and going back to the Rivers' Residence. By that night, the woman in the video was identified as Aja Frost.

I went to the studio on Tuesday. Reporters and paparazzi were crowding the entrance of the RiSe Tower. After wrapping up my vocals for the final song on my album, I headed to the restroom. Normally, it would be empty, but I heard someone talking. I don't think I can keep walking in on conversations like this. 

"...I don't know how it got recorded or got out. I just want it gone."

At the sound of her voice, I knew it was Aja.

She sniffed, "I don't know, I don't know... You know I'm not like that. That's not my brand. I don't know, Tina. Please stop asking me."

I cleared my throat to make my presence known as I went into an empty stall.

"Tina, I gotta go... Okay. Bye." Aja ended her phone conversation.

I'd wanted to call Aja, but how do you call someone after witnessing a private act caught them on social media? I mean, Aja made sexy songs, but her overall appearance was very girl next door. Honestly, I've never seen Aja in a revealing outfit unless you consider crop tops revealing. She always reminded me of the late 90s or early 2000s pop and R&B singers.

After leaving the stall, I froze when I saw Aja looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Our eyes met.

She quickly turned around to face me. "Hi, my love!" She tried her best to sound like her usual self, but I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"Hi, Aja!" I went to wash my hands. What do I say? What do I say?

"No need to avoid the elephant. Everyone's seen the video," she told me.

I dried my hands with paper towels. "I'm so sorry this happened."

Aja sighed, "I want to strangle him, Jae. The worse part is we dated for two months and that was the first and last time we slept together."

I was not prepared to hear this.

"Ricky treated me so good up until I learned I wasn't his one and only. Some woman sent me a recording of them talking."

At this point, she was definitely unloading on me. 

"Aja, we can talk about it, but somewhere more private," I suggested.

She chuckled, "You're right. We can go to one of the empty offices on the 18th floor."

"I thought floors 18 through 30 were reserved for other businesses," I informed her.

Aja shook her head, "That's just what employees are told. Ricky and Anaya hold a lot of meetings, parties, and other events on those floors."

I wish Monica was here!

Aja and I got on the elevator and took it to the 18th floor. It asked for a key or card swipe in order for the doors to open. Aja took off her bracelet that was full of cute charms. One was a small key. She inserted the key under the floor numbers, and the elevator doors opened.