127. Art Appreciation 🎨🖌️

While I went to my hotel room to change, Monica text me that she, her parents, Zeke, and his parents went out on a triple date to bond at an indoor spa. I just know they're gonna have a great time.

After I changed into my swimsuit - yes, my swimsuit - I walked out my hotel room and got on the elevator. I was looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool. I heard that this hotel had a huge pool that ranged from 3 to 8 feet. 

I also heard that the Rivers booked this hotel for wedding participants and guests only for 3 days, but I don't think most of the guests understood that as 3 days and 3 nights. So, I overheard some of them say they were packing up tonight and checking out in the morning. Unlike them, I was going to use my one more night for sure. This might be the last time I stay in a nice hotel that I don't have to pay for.

When I was seconds away from leaving my hotel room, my phone rang. I was shocked when I saw my former manager's name on the screen. I answered, "Vallie?"

"Jae! I heard you were out of town, but I wanted to chance it to see if you would answer. And I'm glad you did! The team and I miss you immensely. Even though we didn't work together for long, we just wanted to thank you for all your hard work and making our jobs as easy and enjoyable as you did. We were going to mail you a gift, but heard you wouldn't be home for a while. Do you have a forwarding address?"

"Yes, I do." I gave Vallie Zeke's parents' house. They'd know how to care for it whatever it is that my team sends me. "Vallie, it's so good to hear from you."

"You as well. I was supposed to be on vacation like you, but this morning Anaya was arrested and then Ricky was hospitalized. Things got very hectic. With everything else that has happened at RiSe, it's been hard. We're all just playing it by ear."

I think I misheard. Let's rewind that. "I'm sorry, Vallie. What happened to Anaya and Ricky?"

"You haven't heard? You must be out of the country or somewhere without internet."

I smiled, "Something like that."

"Really? It's been all over the news and social media. Anaya Santana was arrested on multiple charges including conspiracy to commit murder regarding T'keyna Brown's case."

My eyes were bigger than they ever been.

Vallie continued, "Hours after Anaya was arrested, Ricky was admitted to the hospital. Rumor is he had a heart attack."

"Oh, wow!" I had no words.

"Well, Jae, I don't want to take up too much more of your time. I hope you continue to work in the industry, develop your talent even more by blessing us with your beautiful voice and positive spirit," Vallie complimented me.

It was nice to hear those words. "I'm going to miss working with you and the whole team. Thank you for everything."

"No, thank you. Enjoy the rest of your day, Jae."

I nodded my head. "You, too, Vallie. Bye."

As soon as we ended our call, I quickly searched the internet for the facts. True enough, there is was plain as day: 

▬ RiSE Records' CEO Anaya Santana Arrested on 3 Felony Charges
▬ RiSe Records Double Trouble
▬ President of RiSe Records Hospitalized After FBI Arrests His Twin Sister
▬ Breaking News: RiSe Records is Back in Court
▬ Ricky Santana's Health at Risk / Anaya Santana's Freedom at Risk
▬ FBI Arrests CEO of Record Company with Conspiracy to Commit Murder
▬ New Details Surrounding T'keyna Brown's Murder Case on the RiSe