82. Back to Business 📈

I cleared my throat as we sat stood in the kitchen, waiting to put food on my plate.

"Jamie, that's the third time you've done that. Do you need something to drink?" My mom asked me as she ate at the kitchen table.

"No, ma'am." I glanced at A.B. as he fixed his plate.

My dad stood up. "Baby, I told you to remind me when that new show comes on."

"Oh!" My mom got up from the table. "Is it time, already?"

"Yeah. Let's go." My step-dad told her.

"Sorry, kids. We'll be in our room," my mom told us.

 "Do not disturb us." My step-dad warned us. They carried their food and drinks with them.

I smacked my lips.

A.B. gave me his plate. "You're not making this any better."

I sat down at the kitchen table. "Me? I blame you for all of this. Why do you come over here, hanging out with my parents all the time? You know they old and like when people visit them."

A.B. lightly laughed, "You big mad."

"Now, the neighbors are watching us when we're out in public. My cousin talks so much that even my mom wants me to be careful."

"Be careful?" A.B. sat across from me at the kitchen table.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Did you know that your mom knew that I was at your house the night she came over? She saw my shoes by the front door. You probably made it so obvious going to your bedroom and closing the door. I bet she heard us talking, too."

A.B. asked, "What's the harm in people thinking we're together? As long as we know what we are is all that matters. They'll be people that don't want us together or talk about us - good or bad. So, why should it matter?"

"Because..." I picked up my fork. "We're not together." I put emphasis on the word not.

A.B. reached across the small table and took my hand. "I know you want more, but don't forget about me, Jamie. A relationship is not about one person getting what they want. That would be... selfish."

I took my hand away from him. "Is that how I come across to you? Selfish?"

"Jamie, I pray that you use your ears more than your emotions. I didn't call you selfish. I said a relationship that is about one person getting what they want is selfish."

"And I heard what you said. You pick your words carefully, knowing good and well the intention behind them." 

A.B. smiled at me. "I'm not as smart as you think I am, but I'm willing to give you time to learn that."

"The only time I need is time to eat my food." I finally ate.

A.B. got up and stood in front of me. "Jamie, I've learned that you can't force people to do anything, no matter what the situation is."

Why is he all up on me? My brows merged, "Sir, I am going to eat my food right now."

A.B. took the fork out of my hand and put it on my plate. Then, he attack my stomach with his quick fingers.

"I'm not ticklish!" I held my composure.

Unfortunately, he got access to my neck, and I lost it as I loudly laughed. Minutes later, after nearly kicking him in his member, A.B. decided to call it quits.

I was exhausted from laughing, but I couldn't stop. "Why did you do that?"

"I like it when you smile." A.B. picked up his fork and ate.