112. Social Beings 🦋

After we left the nail salon, Monica insisted that we go shopping on Rodeo. Not even five minutes after stepping into a store, she was making a purchase.

Once I saw the price at the register, I spoke up. "Monica, are you sure about that?"

"It's a gift from E," she told me.

"You don't usually pay for a gift. Is he going to reimburse you?" I asked her.

Monica looked at me. "He gave me his credit card last night, and he told me to enjoy myself. If my future husband wants to spoil me, I'm gonna let him."

I pretended to zip my lips.

Suddenly, I remembered I was supposed to see Chanel and Deonte

Suddenly, I remembered I was supposed to see Chanel and Deonte. I informed Monica. Why did I do that?

"I know the real reason why you want to go over there," she began.

I didn't entertain her.

Monica continued, "But I don't think comparing the two is going to help you decide between them."

I need to nip this in the bud. "Monica, why would I compare A.B. to Deonte and vice versa? They are not the same."

She smiled at me, "How so?"

And just like that I had fallen into her little trap. "To start, they don't look anything alike. Deonte is... Well, A.B. is... Actually,  they have some similarities. They're both tall, around the same height, same body type; same complexion."

"Sounds like A.B. isn't missed all the time," she joked.

I shook my head, "No, they are different. Deonte smiles more. He is kind, laidback, and he has a infectious energy. My mood instantly wants to match his when I'm around him. A.B. is kind, too, but he can be more serious. However, when you get to know him, he's a lot of fun to be around. He makes me want to be around him more. I mean they're both smart, protective, and easy to talk to. I've learned so much from both of them. I guess that's just the type of men they are."

Monica sighed, "Jamie, that's the type of men they are around you." She pulled out her phone. 

She will not get in my head about this. "What time is it?" I asked her.

"Almost 2:30 p.m. Why?"

"Monica, we gotta go. Are you done shopping?"

Thankfully, we were able to meet Deonte and Chanel.

"My new two favorite ladies." Deonte greeted us as he led us inside the building.

"Hey, Mr. Way," Monica waved her hand at him.

Everyone could see her ring even if she covered it with her other hand.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Rivers."

I asked, "When did you find out?"

We all got on the elevator.

Deonte replied, "No man ever makes a decision like that without talking to his boys. And who wouldn't want her for a wife? I'll as one last time, y'all are the only two women in your family?"