126. Blushing Bride 👰

Watching Monica walk down the aisle brought me so much joy. I felt like every breath I took matched every step she took - shaky in nerves and deep in strides. In that moment, it felt unreal. I kept asking how did we get here?

Monica's face was an expression of rain on a sunny day. If my heart was pounding, I could only imagine what her heart was doing.

At the end of the aisle, her dad kissed her cheek before giving her to Zeke.

Inside this banquet hall of about 60 people, there were several teary eyes as everyone took their seats.

Before I knew it, I heard "you may now kiss your bride." I don't even remember how we got here. Oh, yeah! It was a rollercoaster ride.

12 hours ago, Monica and I were in our hotel room having a hard time going to sleep.

"It's one in the morning, Monica," I told her. "Just find anything to put on so we can go to sleep."

Monica scrolled through the channels on the TV. "I won't be able to fall asleep watching anything. It has to be good but not too good. You know?"

I rolled over onto my stomach. "You do know that we have to wake up in five hours?"

Monica sighed, "Five hours?" Monica pushed the covers off her body before getting out the hotel bed.

Nope! I'm not playing games with her. I am going to get my rest. I closed my eyes. Seconds later, I heard sniffing.

I took a deep breath before thinking about getting out the  bed. After two more heavy sniffs, I kicked the covers off my body and got out the bed. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Moni, you okay?"

"Y-yeah!"

I twisted the knob and opened the door to see her standing in front of the mirror, wiping her eyes.

"Moni, stop. You're going to have puffy eyes on your wedding day."

She slightly smiled at me.

I rubbed her back. "Why are you crying?"

Monica quickly shrugged her shoulders as she patted the corners of her eyes with tissue.

I asked her, "Are you scared? Nervous?"

Monica smiled and immediately the tears fell. "I know this is w-what I want. I'm... I just... Like, this is my life or this is about to be m-my life or whatever. It feels like it-it's happening so fast." She wiped her wet face.

I walked over to the toilet to grab more tissue. I handed fresh toilet paper to her.

"I really love E, but my entire life is gonna change."

I wish I knew what to say to make her stop crying, but I'm not married and all the old married people are asleep. 

"I'll be back." I walked out the bathroom over to the nightstand. I grabbed my phone and called Zeke.

"Hmm?"

I kept it short and to the point. "Monica is crying, because she's scared. Can you talk to her, please?"

Zeke mumbled, "Baby, don't cry--"

I interrupted him. "Hold on. Let me give her the phone."

I skipped to the bathroom and put my phone on speaker. "Talk now."

Monica looked at me before looking at my phone.

"Baby, don't cry. If you cry, I'm gonna cry."

Monica giggled.

Zeke asked, "Do you want to get married?"

Monica rolled her eyes, "E!"

"Huh?"