33. Deal or No Deal 🔴

I woke up to a text from A.B. that Mr. Dave gave him the rest of the week off. The privileges of working for family. A.B. needs a break, though. He's a hard worker. 

Me: That's great, A.B. 

A.B.: If you want, I can take you and Monica to the airport

Me: Do not play! Yes, you can take us. Pick us up in an hour

A.B.: I'll be there

To avoid Monica's annoying antics, I didn't tell her A.B. was picking us up. I just told her that I got us a ride. As soon as A.B. said he was outside, I took another bite of pancakes before hugging my mom and beating Monica out the door.

A.B. had the back door of his Mustang open.

I rushed over to him. "Good morning," I grinned.

"Good morning! I'll take your luggage."

"Thank you." I released the handle.

A.B. grabbed my bag and put it in the back of his trunk. 

"Ohh, my cousin got us the top of the line!" Monica shouted as she walked over to me.

"Good morning, Monica," A.B. greeted her.

Monica nearly fell backwards. "Uh-uh! Is this your car?"

A.B. chuckled, "I'll take your luggage."

Monica released her luggage as A.B. picked it up. He put it in the trunk.

I don't know if it was just me, but I was loving A.B.'s approach with Monica. He was not going to bend to her ways.

He directed us, "Backseat, ladies. Let's get to the airport on time."

Monica smacked her lips. "I get in first, because I'm sure your girl - I mean, Jamie has been in your car before."

I gritted my teeth as I got in behind her. I changed my face when I turned to look at A.B. He put his pointer finger to his lips before closing the door. I nodded my head.

A.B. really made us feel like celebrities. He adjusted the A/C, gave us mints, and bottled waters. The man even had chargers for our phones.

The ride to the airport felt way too short. At the same time, I was ready to get there. Monica was running out of things to say, so she started back up about A.B. and me.

A.B. parked and helped us out of the car. Then, he gave us our bags. "Y'all have a safe flight."

"Bring it in, Family." Monica spread her arms wide for A.B.

I giggled as they hugged.

Monica went ahead of me inside the airport.

A.B. pulled out a small Thank You card and an ink pen. "I couldn't find the paper I wanted, but I believe this will keep it protected." 

"Keep what protected?" I asked.

He opened the card.  "Please tell me I'm the first to ask... Can I have your autograph?"

My eyes opened wide. I smiled at A.B. "You are the first to ask, and I'm glad it was you." I signed the card with my first official autograph. 

"Me, too." He pulled me into a hug. "I hope you know how much God is working things out for you."

I sighed, "Please keep me in your prayers."

"I will," he said.

We separated.

"Thanks for making my return home special," I confessed.

"Same to you, too. Oh! I decided to keep the beach house."