94. Hard to Believe ✝️

In my loneliness, I decided to sleep-in until the afternoon. Apparently, it's a thing not to be jolly on Christmas; albeit, the Rivers merged this holiday with Cathy's birthday on the 26th, celebrating both.

When I woke up, I went to Zeke's room. After he opened his bedroom door, he got in his bed and pulled the covers over his head.

"Sir, I came all the way down here to talk with you."

Zeke mumbled, "Just because I treat you like a little sister, doesn't mean you have to act like one."

I frowned. "Normally, I would be with my family on this day."

"Then, call your family."

I rolled my eyes. "If Monica was here, you wouldn't be in the bed."

"That's what you think."

I gave a look of disgust before turning around.

Zeke added, "By the way, my mom isn't having her birthday party tomorrow. She said she wants to have me-time."

Now that's great news. I really didn't want to participate to begin with. 

I started to walk out the door before remembering one very important thing. "So what are we going to eat today?"

"Go make a sandwich or get food delivery."

I gritted my teeth before leaving Zeke's room. He's lucky I don't have the energy to argue with him. 

When I got back to my room, I sat in bed debating on making a phone call. A few minutes later, I searched for his name. Before I could call him, my phone rang. I answered it. "How did you know?"

"Know what?" Deonte asked me.

"That I was two seconds away from calling you."

Deonte chuckled, "I was calling to let you know that I'm bringing you some food. I wasn't gonna bother you, but Cha-Cha insisted."

"Tell Cha-Cha I said, 'thank you times a million.'"

Deonte asked, "I hope this doesn't lead to an embarrassing answer, but what happened to the food from yesterday? You had about 4 to go plates, right?"

"Sir, don't be asking questions you already know the answers to. Besides, I only have one personal trainer who I don't have to see until next year, and you are not him."

"Wow! I think I like it when you're hangry." Deonte lightly laughed.

What is so funny? I stood up and walked over to the window. "Sir, where are you now?"

"I'm leaving now, and you are my first stop."

"Just call me when you're outside with my food." I hung up the phone and went to the bathroom. After a shower, I put on a long-sleeve, blue fuzzy top with matching pants. Then, I put on some fur slides before leaving my bedroom and going outside by the pool.

The weather outside was nice. I slowly inhaled the air before exhaling. This is what a break is supposed to feel like... as soon as I get some food in my system, I'll be set.

Then, I heard the sound of a car. I left the pool and walked to the front of the house to see Deonte getting out of his vehicle. He pulled out his phone and pressed buttons before placing it to his ear.

I crept up behind him and tapped his shoulder. "Where's my food?"

Deonte turned around, wearing a smile. "Good afternoon, pretty lady."

I placed my hands on my hips. "Good afternoon. I'm starving."

Deonte gazed at me intently.

"What? Is something on me?" I looked down at my clothes.