98. A Two-Step 😂

Like he said he would, Zack came to my bedroom to finish our conversation. 

"Have a seat in your favorite chair." I pointed at the chair by the window.

Zack did as told. "I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just have to make that clear."

"Yes, sir." I sat on my bed. "I'm all ears."

"I'm after Anaya for all the stunts she tried to pull on me over the years. I know your after Ricky."

"I'm not after Ricky. I just don't won't to be his artist anymore," I clarified.

"Listen. Our key to all of that is Jaylei."

I asked, "Why would Jaylei risk her freedom to admit to working with Anaya and Ricky?"

Zack's brows merged, "Who said she's going to admit to working with them? Her presence is a threat to both Ricky and Anaya. If they assume or just think that she is going to court, Anaya and Ricky will scram which will cause them to be desperate. Meaning, they will pay her to keep quiet, and I'll let them know I made it happen. Anaya will really be too scared to try me ever again. And you Miss Jae A.B., they might give you more control over your music. The both of us can win including Jaylei with a nice check. Jaylei gives us leverage. We just gotta know how to use it."

As much as I would like to take down both Ricky and Anaya, Zack's plan sounds just as shady as them. I told him, "I'm not seeking revenge. I want respect, and I want my freedom."

Zack clasped his hands together. "Well, that's my plan, and I'm going straight with or without you."

I nodded my head as he stood to his feet.

"Wait," I spoke.

Zack walked over to my bedroom door. "What's up?"

"Are you going to Ricky's party?" I asked him.

Zack turned to look at me. "Of course I am. I gotta start planting seeds. I know Anaya will be there, and I want her to see me."

I smiled, "I'm going to perform. It would be nice if you could look out for me... if you can."

"Your man won't be there?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes.

Zack chuckled, "I'm not a selfish man. We can still make us happen... or pretend."

I folded my arms. "Bye, Zack."

He smiled at me. "Miss Jae A.B., I'll keep my eyes on you." He finally left my bedroom.

I slowly shook my head as I fell backwards onto my bed. 

The next day, as scheduled, I met up with Kenneth to go over a few dance moves for my performance. We ended up talking about nothing for the first half hour.

Finally, Kenneth got us back on track. "How do you feel? Do you want to do something fun and quick or a smooth little two-step?"

I admitted, "I don't even want to perform, let alone, sing my music." Then I smiled brightly, "Who says I have to sing my music? It's a New Year's party. I should sing songs that everyone knows and no matter the age everyone wants to dance to it."

"That sounds like 'Choose,'" Kenneth side-eyed me.

I smirked, "I was not referring to my first single. I just want to do something different."