50. I Heard 👂

Last night, I slept like a baby! This morning, I quickly turned off my alarm and got ready for the day. Then, Colby text me about a meeting being cancelled. Literally, seconds later, he text that the meeting was back on. For that reason, I purposely left my phone in my room. I'm trying to extend my peaceful morning. 

I went to the kitchen and asked Bridgette for a big breakfast. She didn't miss a beat. If there's one thing I'm going to miss when I get my own place, it's Bridgette's cooking. After eating, I decided to walk around the house for a little exercise. I had to meet Mr. Joe in an hour. 

"Stop!"

I froze in place.

"Stop, right there!"

Umm... okay. I slowly turned my head to see no one behind me.

"Do you think I'm afraid of you? Let's get one thing straight, right now. I'm not afraid of you."

My brows merged as I tip-toed over to the nearby wall. Was that Zack's voice? 

"I'm not your brother, and I'm not a puppet. If you want to expose me for anything, you better make sure it's the truth or else deal with my lawyers. And don't ever call my number, again. I blocked you last time for a reason."

Why was I always catching conversations like this? 

"What did I say?" Zack continued, "If you think I would ever go so low as to steal from my brother - he's family. Unlike you, I don't steal from my brother."

Steal? Who's accusing Zack of stealing from Zeke? Man, why couldn't Monica be here today instead of tomorrow? She always knows how to put pieces of information together. 

"I'm hanging up now."

How was I able to hear Zack so clearly from where I stood? Wait, I recognize this hallway. There's a living room on the other end. The same room Monica said she heard someone following her. Maybe, it wasn't the room but this hallway. I looked up at the tall ceiling. Is it possible that there could be an echo? What's the science behind this?

 Is it possible that there could be an echo? What's the science behind this?

"How did she get my phone number?" Zack cursed.

I quickly left the hall before I could get caught eavesdropping. When I made it back to my room, I picked up my phone to see I had a text message from A.B. I squealed as I leaped onto my bed.

A.B.: Good morning, Jamie! I wish I could see your beautiful face today. I'll call you before I leave. Enjoy your day!

Why he say that? Now I'm gonna think about him all day.

Me: Good morning, A.B. I wish I could see your beautiful face, too. I wish I had the day off so we can spend another day together. I can't wait to hear your voice. You enjoy your day, too. 

I debated on sending three emoji hearts, but he might think he got me falling in love, snatched-up, and nose wide open, but uh-no! I'll just send one emoji heart ❤️ for now.

After two meetings and a great studio session, I took a break to eat. When my phone rang, I knew exactly who was on the other end. 

"A.B.!" I sat down in an empty lounge room.

"Miss Jamie! I'm at the airport waiting for my flight now. I hope you had a good and productive day."

"Ouch!" I bit my lip as I chewed my food. 

"What happened?" He asked me.

I chuckled, "I was eating, and I bit my lip."

We both laughed.

I finally answered, "But today was okay. Nothing compared to yesterday."

A.B. agreed, "Yesterday was perfect, and it's what I'd hope to have more of in the future. Are you able to do a video call?" He asked me.

I slowly shook my head. "Sir, don't come for me and my android."

A.B. lightly laughed, "I didn't mean to come for you."

"Yes, you did, but I'll let you get away with it." I joked. 

"I appreciate it."

I said, "I got WhatsApp. My label told me to download it," I informed him.

"Okay. Hang up. I'm gonna call you on there."

Within seconds, A.B. and I were looking at one another on our phones.

A.B. grinned, "Hi, Miss Jamie or should I say Jae A.B."

I modeled in my Sia wig, giving a few poses as I turned my head from side-to-side. "Jae A.B. if you like me."

A.B. lightly laughed.

I said, "I can't wait until this boot camp is over so I don't have to wear this thing every day."

A.B. chuckled, "You might become my new screensaver."

I blushed.

"When do you think you can visit East Grove?" He asked me.

I tried to count the days as if it were a math problem he asked me to solve. "Honestly, it would be great to go back home sooner than later. Plus, I really need to see my parents, because this last month of boot camp is gonna be really crazy. Monica will be here tomorrow to spend this week up for me."

"That's good."

"Not tomorrow! I just realized I've been saying the wrong day. She comes next Monday not this Monday." I sighed, "Now I have to spend another week counting down the days. This is all your fault, A.B. You just had to come to L.A. and--"

"Kiss you," A.B. interrupted me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah... You know what you did."

A.B. asked, "What did I do?"

I bucked my eyes. "You just said it! You kissed me."

"Jamie, I didn't say that. I said that's true."

I arched a brow. "No, I heard you, and... and I'm not going to backtrack. You said the K-word."

"Did I?" He playfully wiggled his eyebrows.

I was loving this playful side of A.B. I remember him acting the same way at the music store when we had the cooking and dancing competitions. I really need to go back to East Grove. I took a bite of my food. "Yes, you did!"

He shook his head. "No, you did."

"You gon make me choke on my food. I already bit my lip." I smiled with my mouth full.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself so I won't say anything else," he told me.

We talked until it was time for him to get on the plane. It was perfect timing, because it was time for my next meeting.