78. Breaking Bad Bread 🍞

I thought I was dreaming as I heard the faint laughter in the distance.

"E!" A woman shrieked.

I slowly opened my eyes to darkness. I felt about the bed for my phone, but I couldn't find it. I yawned and stretched my arms before sitting up. "Where is my phone?" I put my feet on the floor, stepping on something. "Wow..." It was my phone. I tapped the screen to see that I had two text messages from A.B.

A.B.: Sorry it's taking so long. Our computer system crashed. A tech will be here in 30 minutes to fix it.

A.B.: The system is back up and running. On my way to pick you up.

That last text was sent about 10 minutes ago.

"E!" I heard Monica's voice.

My brows met as I walked out her bedroom into the hall.

"I'm serious." I heard a man say.

From the hallway, I stepped into the living room to see Monica and Zeke lying on the sofa. Her back was to his chest as he had one foot on the floor. Monica fidgeted with the ring on Zeke's pointer finger.

She giggled, "I don't believe you really want me to go with you."

"Come here." He spoke in her ear. 

Monica turned around and sat in his lap. 

Zeke said, "This is how serious I am."

The first sound of their mouths devouring one another made my stomach hurt. 

"Ay! I'm in the room!" I looked away, using my hands to protect my vision.

I heard them quickly move.

"Jamie, when did you wake up?" Monica asked me.

"I should've stayed sleep. You woke me up with your laughing."

Zeke whispered, "You should tell her."

Then, I felt Monica's hands on my arms. "Put your hands down, girl." 

I glanced at her with squinted eyes as she stood in front of me.

Zeke was sitting upright on the sofa.

Monica smiled at me. "E asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes."

"Wh-what happened to waiting?" I inquired. This was way too soon.

Monica smirked, "Umm... Well, Zeke cleared that up for me."

"How?" I was baffled. They don't even know each other like that.

Zeke walked over and stood behind Monica. "Don't worry, Jamie, I told her everything about our fake relationship and my exes, even the women I dated."

"He dated Victoria Larue. Can you believe that?" Monica asked me.

I tilted my head. "He's Zeke Rivers, Monica! I was telling you this stuff before you met him."

"He also asked me to go to Houston, Miami, and Atlanta with him."

"Do your parents know?" I questioned her.

She playfully rolled her eyes. "I'll tell them when they meet him tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Where is he staying tonight?" I put my hands on my hips.

Zeke cleared his throat. "I have a hotel room."

Monica put her hands on her hips. "E has a hotel room, but if he wants to stay here, he can. It's also none of your business where he stays."

"