92. In Good Company 🫧🏢

After allowing me to try on multiple clothes, Deana and I agreed on a long-sleeve, knee-length auburn dress with a matching sweater and black UGGs. 

"The UGGs will definitely match your bucket hat which is so you, and the sunglasses. Have you decided on who will sponsor you for eyewear?" She asked me.

"I don't care for wearing only one brand of sunglasses. I pick the one that hide my face the most. Which leads me to ask, why haven't you or your brother asked to see my face?"

Deana tilted her head to the side as she thought. "I can't speak for my brother, but I know you as who you are in front of me now. It would probably freak me out even more if you took off your disguise."

"What are y'all in here talking about?"

We heard Deonte's voice.

"Do not come in here!" Deana leaned against her closet door.

"It's been almost half-an-hour. Cha-Cha keeps texting and asking me when I'm coming home."

Deana rolled her eyes. "Jae, I don't know if I'll ever get this opportunity again, but can I hug you?"

I spread my arms. "Bring it in."

Deana gave me a hug. "My friends are not going to believe this." With that comment, I was reminded that she was 16 years old.

"Let's get out of here," I said.

Deana sighed, "Okay. Thank you for coming to my house and wearing my clothes. Please wear them in front of the paparazzi, too."

She was too much in a good way.

Deana let me go and opened her closet door. We left her room to find Deonte sitting on the couch, texting on his phone.

"We're ready," Deana announced.

Deonte replied, "Finally. I just text Cha-Cha that I'm here." He stood up and looked at us. He nodded his head as he walked over to me. "Jae A.B." Deonte took my hand and lifted it up. "Spin."

I chuckled as he aided me in my 360 turn.

"You look good."

I smiled, "Thank you. So do you in your all white get-up."

Deana rolled his eyes. "Trust me he's dressed like this because he knows about the surprise party." She led the way out of her condo into the hall.

Deonte whispered to me. "Don't worry about what some of my family might say. They think every woman I'm with is my girl. I'm gonna introduce you as my friend."

"Thank you, Deonte."

"I got you."

Deana stopped us with her hand. "Wait here for a second." She walked inside the condo. "Everybody, he's coming!"

I snickered as I could hear the quickness of moving feet.

Deonte shook his head. "Why is my family like this?"

A few seconds later, Deonte opened the door to darkness. I was right behind him.

"SURPRISE!!!" The lights came on and we stood in front of a living room full of people.

Deonte clapped his hands. "Y'all got me! Y'all got me!"

People started walking up to him. 

"Thank you for the surprise!" He immediately stood beside me. "Listen up, everybody, I would like to introduce you to my friend, Jae A.B. We performed together yesterday."

A few people gasped. Some said my name. 

"Do not, I repeat, do not ask her for autographs. Don't even ask her about music."