117. On the Go ✏️

Start from the beginning

We sat in three chairs, on the center of the stage of the auditorium.

"Miss Jae A.B., these are the two talent show winners and very big fans of yours. Please meet Syena Ford and Laura Perez," their principal introduced them to me.

Syena was a tall girl. She had braces that made her smile so cute. Her hair was very curly and framed her face perfectly. Laura was a little shorter than me. She wore red framed glasses that fit her face as if they were unremovable. Her hair was straight and shoulder length. They were dressed alike, wearing gold glitter tops, black skirt, and black ballerina flats.

I greeted them, "Nice to meet you, ladies."

"Can we give you a hug?" They asked in unison.

Everyone laughed.

"Of course," I told them. 

I hugged them both as the local news station's photographer took photos along with a few people from my team.

I sat in the middle chair with Laura on my left and Syena on my right.

Once the cameras were rolling, the ladies introduced themselves.

"And I'm Jae A.B.," I said to the camera.

"Today, Laura and I will be interviewing our favorite singer. We sang her number one hit song and won our school's annual talent show which is a big deal."

Laura asked, "Why is it a big deal? I'll tell you why. It's a big deal, because our school's talent show is famous all around the world. Celebrities like Oscar winning actor Michael Price, comedian and actor Hector Luego, and singer Vince Charming from the popular band Heroic Boyz attended our school and won the talent show, too."

Syena added, "Yes, Laura! Did you know that AOI a new boy band were big fans of Heroic Boyz? I listen to AOI everyday."

"Me, too, Syena! Everyone's a fan of AOI. Without further ado, let's interview another talented singer."

Together they said, "Jae A.B.!"

I softly clapped my hands.

"Jae A.B.," Laura turned to me. "We have to know. What was your inspiration behind writing your song 'Choose?'"

I replied, "Honestly, I wrote the song based on my decision to either pursue my dream or not. Of course it's more of a romance type of song, but it's based on my real like decision to come to California or stay back home."

Syena said, "I'm sure that was a very hard decision to make. May I ask, what made you decide to come to California to pursue your dream?"

"Great question. Honestly, I went to someone that was trustworthy, and I asked them for their advice. They told me to trust in God even if I'm making a mistake. I'm still learning how to do that, but I'm not giving up. I'm learning that even though it's still my decision, I don't have to go through the experience alone. So, if you feel like you're alone and have no one to talk to - go to God."

"God is good!" Syena exclaimed.

"He sure is," Laura added. "From the advice you received, what would be your advice to any kid, such as Syena and myself, who would like to pursue singing?"

You'd think these girls were teenagers the way they carried this interview.

I smiled, "Well, one advice is not for all, because we all have different backgrounds, beliefs, and interpretations of what things mean. Like, the advice that I received, for example, someone else could have took it to mean that they don't need to go to California or wherever they wanted to go in order to pursue their dream. Therefore, my advice to any kid who in particular wants to be a singer is to enjoy being a kid. Do not rush your childhood. I think it's better to be a singer as an adult that way you are less likely to be taken advantage of in the music industry. Also, when you are an adult, you'll have more experiences in life. So when you choose songs to sing, you can relate to it or know a little about it. Again, be a kid for as long as a kid is a kid. Even at my age, I find time to have fun like I don't have any adult things to be concerned with. I'm still a responsible person, but I make time to enjoy life."

"I liked that answer," Syena admitted.

"Me, too, because sometimes as a kid, I feel the pressure to grow up faster," Laura said.

I told her, "Don't let the pressure get to you. Life has it's ups and downs, but you have to know that nothing lasts forever. So if you're ever in pain, hurt, sick - it doesn't last forever. It's the same for when you're happy, having a good time, in good health, but you want to be able to have self-control no matter what happens to you. It's about how you respond when things happen to you in life."

Syena shared, "My mom tells me that all the time."

"Listen to your parents," I advised.

"We have one more question for you, Jae A.B." Syena asked, "When your album is released, can we get a copy?"

I laughed.

"And autographs?" Laura asked me.

I nodded my head, "I'll personally bring you signed copies of my album."

"Yay!" The girls shouted with zeal.

I chuckled, "Y'all are so cute."

"This has been a great interview with Jae A.B.," Laura continued, "I learned a lot."

"Me, too," Syena smiled. "My name is Syena Ford."

"My name is Laura Perez."

They pointed at me.

"My name is Jae A.B."

"Bye!" We all waved at the camera.

Afterwards, we took photos. Then, I got their parents' phone numbers and their homeroom teachers' names to contact them in the future.

Next was a meeting with my entire team at RiSe Records.