113. Crushed Ice 🧊

Start from the beginning

I arched my brow.

"The house," A.B. smiled at me. "Let's check it out together."

I nodded my head as I took my hand back.

A.B. led the tour.

After the tour ended, we stood in the living room in front of the floor to ceiling windows.

"What do you think?" He asked me.

To be honest, I was barely paying attention to the house. I blame A.B. for walking in front of me with those broad shoulders. He was walking like he owned the place... Oh, right. He does. 

I sighed, "It's really nice. I like it."

"Do you see yourself living here?" He asked me.

I narrowed my eyes at him with my lips spread thin. "I, umm... I don't know."

A.B. asked me, "Are you thirsty?"

"No, not right now."

"Okay. I'm going to put my bag upstairs in the bedroom. If you want something to drink, the kitchen is yours." A.B. grabbed his luggage before going upstairs.

I exhaled. I finally felt like I could breathe. Why am I acting like this? It's not like I can't talk to A.B. He'll be the first if not the only to understand me, right now. Okay. I'll just be honest with him.

A.B. came downstairs as I closed the refrigerator. His shirt was gone. He shook his head. "Can you believe I tried to see if the shower was working, and my shirt got wet?"

I slowly shook my head as I watched his chest muscles and abs speak to me in movement.

"Were you getting something to drink?" He walked towards me.

I held my hand up to him. "Stay back!"

A.B. chuckled, "Jamie, you've been acting weird since we left the airport. Is everything okay?"

I dramatically fell to the floor. "No, everything is not okay! I don't know what you've done, but you are looking good enough to eat. Your sexiness is driving me crazy. And you oughta be ashamed of yourself, trying to make a sister-in-Christ stumble. God sees what you're doing, sir!"

A.B. grinned, "Are you done?"

I looked around before quickly standing up. I dusted my clothes off and adjusted my ponytail. I cleared my throat. "It's just a little hot in here. Can you turn up the A/C?"

Before I knew it, A.B. was in front of me. He picked me up and whispered in my ear, "Jamie."

"Jamie!"

My eyes were wide open as I looked at A.B. who stood a few feet away from me. His shirt was on.

A.B. asked, "Were you daydreaming? I called you about five times."

"I'm sorry. Just got a lot on my mind."

"Did you get something to drink?" He asked me.

"Yes, I did." I grabbed my cup of ice.

A.B. scratched his brow. "I can turn up the A/C  if you like it freezing."

"No, no. I'm okay," I told him.

A.B. lowered his voice. "It's not easy in the beginning. With God's help, it gets better."

I tilted my head.

A.B. added, "The urge... and yearning..."

I quickly grabbed the cup and chewed on the crushed ice.

"It's a natural thing. There's nothing wrong with doing it except outside of God's purpose. Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41," A.B. continued, "It took me some time to control myself. It's a war, but God has given me the tools to escape it."

I spoke, "So we are on the same page."

A.B. looked at me with concern in his eyes. "Only if you're comfortable talking about it."

I looked around before walking over to the nearby couch. I collapsed on it. "I just don't understand why it's so strong all-of-a-sudden."

"Have you been reading the Bible as of late?" A.B. asked me.

I quickly nodded my head.

"Think about it. You're getting closer to God, and the enemy doesn't like that. The control has to go to someone. Are you gonna give it away to who doesn't care about you or to the one who does?"

I asked, "What if I fail?"

"You can't fail unless you deny God. Give Him the power, repent, and pray. Remember that this is a daily walk. Don't let the enemy trap you and make you think you have lost. Even if you give in, get back up and try to do better the next time it knocks on your door."

I don't know what just happened, but I felt a coolness come over me. A.B. was still fine, but I didn't want to attack him and potentially scare him away. "Thank you for talking to me about that." 

"You're welcome."

I stood up. "So, what are we doing this evening?" I went to the kitchen and threw the crushed iced in the sink.