82. Back to Business 📈

Začít od začátku

I took a deep breath. "I'm gonna get you back."

A.B. smiled at me. "Don't try too hard."

We finished our food and talked about my trip back to Cali. As if he heard our conversation, Colby text me with my schedule for the weekend. Yes - the weekend. 

Friday:
4 p.m. - Interview with Black Music Matters Podcast
5:15 p.m. - Rehearsals for "Easy" Music Video

Saturday:
5 a.m. - Music Video Shoot for "Easy" and "Home"

Sunday:
1:30 p.m. - Live Performance Rehearsal for Next Up YouTube channel
6:00 p.m. Live Performance for Next Up YouTube channel

After eating, we went to the living room to continue our conversation. I curled up on the sofa, feeling extremely tired. A.B. guided me to rest on him.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me with his arm me.

"I have to go back to work tomorrow."

"Busy schedule?" A.B. inquired.

I nodded my head. "I'm doing that Black Music Matters interview as soon as I get off the plane. It'll be over the phone." I scrolled through my calendar on my phone. "On Saturday, I'm shooting two music videos. On Sunday, I'm doing a live performance for Next Up's YouTube channel." I put my phone down before closing my eyes.

"Don't think it about too much."

I whispered, "I wish I could stay here longer."

In less than 24 hours, I was getting off the plane and waving at Maximo.

"Welcome back, Jamie!" He greeted me.

I smiled brightly at him. "It's good to see you, Maximo. I do have an interview to attend over the phone. So, I won't be able to talk to you in the car."

"It's not a problem." He opened the back door for me.

I added, "My next destination is to the dance studio to meet with my choreographer."

"I have the address. You'll be on time."

"Thank you, Maximo." I got in the car. 

The interview was one of the best interviews I ever had. The interviewers were two men and a woman: Manny, Dylon, and Porsha. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. The interview ended up being about 45 minutes long. I asked them to let me know when it's available to listen to, and they told me I'd be the first to know.

A few minutes later, I got out the car and met with my choreographer to rehearse my nonstop dance routine for my song "Easy." Surprisingly, I didn't make any mistakes.

By midnight, I was back at the Rivers' Residence. From the front door to my bedroom door, it felt like I was floating. I was ready for the bed. Before I could get there, Colby called me.

"Hello." I slowly made my way over to my chair in the corner by the window.

"I'm working on your schedule. Did you want to reschedule your studio session with Larry?"

I nodded my head as if he could see me. "Can you put him down for Monday morning?"

"On Monday, you have a meeting with your team at 9 a.m. Then, you have a meeting with movie director Michael Skhip at 11 a.m."