62. Win or Lose 👍

Start from the beginning

Me: Somewhat. Monica and I went to Sonic, and I saw your car parked outside of Music Bravos.

A.B.: I was just making sure everything was clean, put away, and locked up.

Me: Okay, but don't overwork yourself. You can't put your business on hold, either.

A.B.: Noted. Ttyl

I stared at his text message. Well that was cut and dry. Did I say something wrong?

Soon, we boarded our plane. Again, Monica slept while I overworked my brain with math formulas on how to solve my feelings towards A.B. I know I'm taking his text to mean something more than it should be. I need to chill.

Once we landed in L.A., Maximo and Monica reunited.

"Second Sister!"

"I know I shouldn't have, but I got you a gift, because you've been the best big brother ever!" Monica exclaimed.

Maximo said, "You really didn't have to get me anything, but I appreciate it." He opened the gift box to see a leather wallet with the letter M embossed on it.

I slowly shook my head. I know good and well how Monica operates. She definitely didn't spend any money on that wallet. It was something I'm sure she got for free or as a gift that she didn't want. Plus, her name starts with the letter M.

"This is a good gift, because I needed a new wallet. Second Sister, I owe you big," Maximo thanked her.

"You're welcome!" Monica hugged him before hopping in the back of the Range Rover.

After going to every store Monica wanted to go to just to get soap, make-up, and other unnecessary equipment for her bathroom life, Maximo took us to our final stop.

At the Rivers' Residence, I made it to my bedroom before Monica could say bye to Maximo. Right when I was getting comfortable enough to fall asleep...

"Why you ain't tell me Zack and Jaylei broke up?"

I wanted to cry. I'm too tired to spill the tea right now. 

"Get yo baldheaded butt up," she demanded.

I rolled my eyes. "I was supposed to tell you last night when I was wide awake. Let's get something to eat first." Then, I sat up in bed. "Wait. Who told you they broke up?"

Monica put her hands on her hips. "I ran into Zack and asked him how he and his girl been doing? He said they weren't together anymore. You need to catch me up and quick!" Monica jumped on my bed and sat down in front of me.

Where do I start? I tried my best to give all the details from the leaked videos of Aja and Ricky which she knew about to Zeke knowing that Jaylei was sneaking in his room and taking things. I told Monica about Jaylei being the hacker, the same woman who was in the second leaked video with Ricky, and how Aja sold me this helpless story of Ricky cheating on her, saying she's still in love with him. Last, I shared how Aja took my feature with Deonte Way. I purposely left out that Jaylei was the one who stole my song and sold it to RiSe Records.

"I'm gonna fight her," Monica assured me. "You hear me? I'm gonna fight her. Aja Frost better not ever cross your path, again, because I will smack her across her fake face. Who does she think she is messing with my cousin like that? Oh, she got the right one! Trust!"

Once Monica calmed down, we headed to the kitchen for food. Bridgette made us some of the best chicken sandwiches I ever had. It got me so full that I was ready to lay back down. However, Colby waisted no time in messaging me about my schedule for today.

Colby: Welcome back, Jae! Today you have rehearsals for your performance at the late night show. You have a radio interview on Wednesday morning. You'll fly out to New York on Thursday for your Good Morning America performance and interview on Friday morning. As far as meetings, you have a meeting with Anaya on Wednesday. Zeke scheduled to meet with you in New York after your performance. If I missed anything, it will be on your schedule for the week. Have a good day!

Me: Thanks!

He really knew how to deliver labor. Well back to living my dream, right?

My phone vibrated, again. What else did he add to my schedule? I looked at my phone to see a text from A.B.

A.B.: Sorry about that. The store been busy all morning. Did you land safely in LA?

I smiled, "I knew I was overthinking his text." I should've known A.B. couldn't text me while he's short-staffed at work. I replied to his text message.

Me: No problem. Don't forget to take a break. And yes, I made it safe. 

Suddenly, I was wide awake and ready to take care of business.