42. Artist Development 🪜

The next day started a lot earlier. I was going to shoot my first music video with Aja Frost. Colby said he was working on my calendar for the remainder of the week so that I could be better prepared.

Before I was out of bed, I surprisingly received a call from A.B. My mood instantly went from a seven to a certified 20.

"Good morning, Jamie. I was prepared to leave you another message." His voice was music to my ears.

I sat up with my back against the headboard. "Leave me another message? I didn't know you left one already." I haven't heard from him since before Monica left.

A.B. replied, "Yeah, I missed your call, but I called you right back before leaving a voicemail. I called you yesterday, too, but I should've sent you a text as well."

My heart was leaping with joy to know that A.B. was blowing up my phone or at least that's what I'm telling myself. "I'm mad I missed your calls, but I'm glad we're talking now. A.B., I have a lot to tell you."

"Is it about you performing your song at a party that was in celebration of you as a new artist? You also watched Zeke River's new Netflix movie in the movie theater room." 

Monica! 

A.B. continued, "I'd love to hear about it from you, though."

He just knew how to make my heart smile. I checked the time on my phone to see that I still had time to spare. I decided to stay in bed. "Since Monica told you all that, I'll give you something she doesn't even know."

"Oh, the exclusive!"

"Yes, very exclusive! Yesterday was my first official day with a schedule to follow. I got a chance to tour the RiSe Tower, record my song with Aja Frost, do a photoshoot, and an interview."

"All in one day?" A.B. asked me.

I nodded my head. "All in one day. A.B., I was exhausted when I got back to the house. I fell asleep immediately. Today, I'll be shooting my very first music video with my new bestie Aja Frost. Then, I have a meeting with a songwriter who wants to shop me some songs. I feel so important!" I giggled.

"You are important," A.B. added.

"And Ricky Santana's assistant, his name is Colby really listens. I told him that I really want to write my own songs, and he said he would tell Ricky. I hope I can write my own music."

"I have a feeling you will," A.B. commented.

"Also, I learned that my song "Choose" with Aja Frost will be on the radio this Friday."

A.B. said, "You have a lot of great news, Jamie. I'm glad to hear it." 

"And did I mention that Colby said I'll have the weekend off?"

"This weekend?" A.B. asked me.

"Yeah. Would you be willing to visit me?"

"I'd love to, but this weekend I'm meeting with a client about some property."

I stopped smiling. "I understand." Then, I asked, "Maybe the weekend after that?"

A.B. said, "To be honest, Jamie, a weekend isn't long enough. There's still so much that I don't know about you. I'd prefer to spend a week or two with you."

Did I imagine him saying that or did he actually say that?

My phone vibrated. It was a reminder for me to get dressed. I slowly got out of bed. "A.B., I'm so happy that you said that. Like, I really enjoy your company and talking to you. I guess that's why I get so excited when I hear your voice."