Idea #46 Rip No Shatter

Fate and Destiny have always been in a silent war against each other. A war that picked up when Undertale and the different timelines started to form. This one timeline though caught both of their attention. Because only one being within it had a soul while the rest of the au was glitched beyond help. This being was sad and lonely, yet that wasn't the point. Fate got an idea though while this timeline was a lost cause there was still someone useful and free to be used from here.

Destiny saw the way Fate was wrapping her strings around the being's soul and felt rage as another soul was falling into Fate's grasp. It wasn't the first time nor the last time both deities were determined to claim the same soul. No one was completely sure why or how it was possible for the results to go so horribly wrong. But it certainly was a unique once in a multiverse chance.

The being's soul was pulled apart, ripped in two. Yet it didn't shatter or enter death's grasp. The two halves were held in each deities grasps. Destiny was horrified, but Fate found it curious. Fate snatched the original body and returned to their domain to test some things. Destiny kept the half soul and returned to her own domain to silently stew. Destiny left the soul in the antivoid of her domain so it would be safe or possibly useful in the future. Who knew what Fate was doing to the other half?

That place though was a domain of gods where no mortal soul should be. Both soul halves stopped being mortal and were now gods. The soul half without a body slowly started to form one while the original body started gaining a few extra traits. This way how Error and Ink were born two halves of the same soul.

Maybe because Ink had the original body, but he was unable to process emotions without his special vials as his monster body couldn't process his state. While Error's body was self reformed with the intention of fitting the half soul and a glitchy nature that allowed him to feel all his emotions. Their emotional development was stunted because of their half nature so they were both stuck as man children and emotionally unstable.

Fate had an idea and started to use Ink to create more aus which threw the multiverse out of balance so Destiny placed Error into the position of destroyer to counteract it. The two meet each other in battle constantly and had the weirdest relationship out there. It didn't help matters that they felt addictingly alive when they are together. Being the other half of each other without realizing it.

(I just thought that Fate and Destiny could fight over the same soul and that soul would be broken in two to create Error and Ink. Fate and Destiny are at war and don't care much for individuals instead they focus on the results and how to use them to their advantage. They might come to care for their chosen balance keepers or maybe just use them as pawns in their ever growing chess game.)