Original?

Geno gave up......but it wasn't like he hadn't done so before. It just the pain of giving up can surpass that of trying. He wasn't even talking about seeing his loved ones die anymore. It's the torture that the human always went out of their way to give him.

Killing everyone, but him. Insighting a human verses monster war. Getting him locked away to be tortured in some way. Doing nothing and letting the human have free reign lead to a painful torture.

He'd snapped multiple times and was forced back together. His hatred burned out and reignited as the human found new ways to get under his 'skin'. He'd try killing everyone himself multiple times and even making a deal with the human. But they still had control and ended those timelines with a press of a button.

Sans was tired. Sans was broken. And Sans was crazy enough to try anything to get out of the human's clutches. He was honestly shocked that crazy had worked. Sure it was the worst pain imaginable with only a fragment of his soul remaining along with being trapped inside a black void.

Anything was better than that human's hands. Eventually though he regretted being trapped here as the wider multiverse became known to him through watching the screen of his replacement talking to others versions of him.

His replacement's name was changed to Classic or more like that guy was told what his name was. He was supposedly the original sans and if he ever truly died the multiverse would fall. That system sounded absolutely compromised and self destructive.

He wondered if it was him, his replacement, or both who would cause everything to die upon death.

Was he some fairytale princess tucked away in a gilded cage for safety by daddy multiverse........

Let's pretend he didn't think that. His sanity wasn't in question as he barely had any even before the resets. His dear old father made sure of that.

(Just wanted to write if Geno was the original Sans and had to experience the worst timelines. For one the multiverse wouldn't let Geno/Classic die so Reaper wouldn't be lead here. Two Geno was a lot like Error being trapped to endure his failing sanity. His mental state jerks around widely as he has endured more resets than any other Undertale because he's the original. Now trapped as the human is being a pacifist after a true reset whipped even the human's memories caused by the Genocide getting trapped through determination.)