Round 10 - Chapter 5 - Monopoly Interrupted

Emerald Fanart By: Misa_RWBY On Twitter

Published On: August 31, 2021

Y/N'S POV

So here I was sitting awkwardly as Robyn looked at me, waiting for my next move...

We're playing monopoly now after Fiona left me with her, so far it has been chill...but rather awkward, I didn't know what to say and just stayed quiet while Robyn tried to talk but couldn't come up with any good topics.

Robyn: "Uh hello!? Y/N?"

Y/N: "Huh?"

Robyn: "You completely zoned out, it's your turn." She says as she gestures to the board.

Y/N: "Oh."

I finish my turn after buying another house, giving me a slight edge over Robyn. She rolls the dice and moves forward till she realizes that she now has to sit in jail, I couldn't help but smile as she grumbled, now that I could hang with her while she wasn't in job mode I could see how cute she could be.

Robyn: "So uh...what's your favorite movie?" She asks.

Y/N: "It's F/M, can't get enough of it."

Robyn: "Ah...only ever caught part of a re-run for it."

The room returned to an awkward silence as I did my turn.

Suddenly the alarms go off as we both looked around confused, we could see the other officers also looking around confused through the window. Robyn slowly got up and watched, contemplating what to do.

Robyn: "It cou-"

A massive blast sends us and everything else flying back, my aura shattering instantly. Out the smoke stepped a green-haired woman, she looked disinterested as she gazed at us. With a kick, she was able to shatter Robyn's semblance, before shooting her in the gut with a small pistol.

Robyn: "ARGHGH!"

Y/N: "NO!!"

Before I could even react I was pulled back as the woman put cuffs on me, pulling me back to my knees, Robyn's expression changing immediately as she could see the woman through the clearing smoke.

Robyn: "...Emerald Sustrai, some fucking nerve for you to come out of hiding again" She said weakly.

Emerald: "Don't feel special, I've merely been hired by a very rewarding person..." She responds dryly.

She pulls me up against her by the cuffs and makes them even tighter, her breathing right in my ear as the barrel of her gun pressed right against my chin.

I get even tenser, she could end me right here if she wanted to, not to mention that Robyn had been shot and wasn't moving right now. I couldn't tell if she was still breathing, if she could still be saved.

Emerald: "Now you can either make this easy and smooth, or you can resist and reap the consequences."

I was so torn internally, I wanted to try and get away from her despite the cuffs, I didn't want to leave Robyn, especially not like this...

Today's Choice:

1. Comply With Her

2. Try To Resist

3. Try To Fight

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!