Round 4 - Chapter 7 - To Vale Via Rail

Neo Fanart By: Sunnypoppy On DeviantArt

Published On: April 19, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I think taking Neo up on her suggestion is the safest bet, Namia's plan isn't the best to be honest, my idea...would probably piss off Namia AND not work, so it really wouldn't be worth it.

Y/N: "I think that's a great idea, we-"

Namia: "NO!"

Y/N: "Namia...it's the best option we have, walking from here to Vale could take forever and potentially make us an easy target."

Namia: "Fine..." She replied as she turned away.

Neo: "Well in that case let me show you the way." She said hopping up.

TIMESKIP - 30 MINUTES LATER

The entire time we walked Namia made sure that Neo stayed a little bit ahead of us to make sure she couldn't attack us, I tried to calm her nerves but nothing worked. Soon we reached a yard full of freight, after we passed some containers we could see a station. The freight train was massive and long, it looked like it was an Atlesian model. Neo walked up and hugged a ginger man in a coat, he hugged her back and held her up for a second.

As we walked up we could hear their conversation, they both seemed like very close friends indeed.

Neo: "So finally done loading huh?"

???: "Yep, ready to set off."

Neo: "Good, these are the two, Y/N and Namia."

He looked over at us and shook our hands, or at least mine, Namia just kept her arms crossed.

Neo: "This is the friend I told you about, meet Roman Torchwick." She said patting him on the shoulder before walking away.

Roman: "Glad to meet you, Neo told me you need a ride to Vale?"

Y/N: "Correct."

Roman: "Well if Neo trusts you then I trust you, the first three carriages are for passengers, the rest are for cargo."

After talking for a few minutes we climbed aboard while Roman and Neo went into the cab, I decided to make a cup of coffee for Namia. She was just sitting there shaking, looking down with a blank look. I set down the two mugs on the table, taking the blanket, I sit down next to her and wrap us both in.

Namia: "You think everything will be okay from here?" She asked fearfully as she leaned into me.

Y/N: "With you at my side? I'm sure we'll be just fine." I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

She gave a small smile at that, it immediately went away once Roman and Neo entered the carriage through the connecting corridor. They sat down from across us, Neo noticed our somber mood and got out a small box.

Neo: "How about we play some games?" She said revealing the box was full of Uno cards.

Y/N: "Sure."

For the next hour we played Uno together, Namia didn't really want to play, but over the course of several games, she turned around and started to laugh and joke along with us. I was just glad to see her in a better mood, she really needed this after everything that happened.

Neo got tired and so retired to her bunk in the cab, Roman joined her to supervise the autopilot, now that we were alone Namia was just cuddling up to me. After a bit she suddenly looks up at me worried, I was about to ask what was wrong when she started to talk.

Namia: "W-What...what do you want to do once we're there?"

Y/N: "Tell the police what happened so they can send help to that town, after that...no idea..."

Namia: "But we're gonna stick together right?"

Y/N: "Of course, I'm not just gonna leave you behind like this."

Namia: "After what happened I want to live in Vale, I don't think I could live in an unprotected town outside kingdom borders again...

I wasn't sure If I wanted to live in Vale considering that it might make finding me pretty easy for Blake, I feel like nowhere is safe with her out there.

Namia: "When those attackers from the White Fang are captured, what would you do?"

Today's Choice:

1. Say They Should Be Put On Trial

2. Say They Should Be In Prison In Life

3. Say They Should Be Slaughtered For Their Actions

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!