Round 2 - Chapter 3 - Hot Rubber

Ruby Fanart By: anonamos701 On DeviantArt

Published On: March 22, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I thought fuck it, might as well since I had nothing better to do. If she tuned the RS4 for me then I should be easily able to win, the car is already great, might as well make it even better right?

Y/N: "Alright I accept, you can start on the RS4." I said making her smile.

Ruby: "Awesome, you won't regret it honey." She replied.

Y/N: "Good cus I'm not just letting you leave after we fucked."

Ruby: "Honey I may be straightforward, but I fucking commit, so don't worry your cute ass about it." She said before kissing me.

She was about to storm over to her tools when I stopped her, I pressed my keys into her hands. She smiled at me once more before getting into the RS4 and moving it into the tent, she was already in full tuner mode, rushing around the car and getting all kinds of tools out. I'm probably just going to get in her way and so I decide to just leave, I'll head into the town close by.

TIMESKIP

I was enjoying the nice air as I walked to the town via some paths along the woods as opposed to along the roads, it was pretty relaxing. I stop when I see suddenly see something up ahead, curious I walk closer to see what It was...

It was a car lying in a trench, whoever was driving it must've come off the road. I quickly hurried down to it, but when I step up to it I saw that nobody was inside, the driver's side door was open though. The car was badly beaten up, windows cracked, a massive oil puddle underneath. As I took a peek into the interior I saw blood over the dashboard, it didn't look very new. All of this was very unsettling, what didn't help was that I felt like I had seen this exact car somewhere recently...

I looked around, nobody was around and it didn't look like anybody had been in a long time, the surroundings didn't seem to have been disturbed in any way either. Creeped out I slowly got back on the path again and left, I don't know if I should tell anyone about this, lest I get pulled into an investigation that doesn't have anything to do with me.

TIMESKIP - NEXT MORNING

This time I was able to sleep undisturbed as Ruby had been working on the RS4 both the entire time I have been gone and throughout the entire night, thankfully she was respectful of the fact that the sleeping tent wasn't that far away and worked quietly the entire night.

Working through the entire day and night was worth it though, when I came out of the tent and saw the finished product getting polished by Ruby I was totally stunned...

Ruby: "You like it?" She asked me.

Y/N: "Like it? I FUCKING LOVE IT!!" I called out amazed as I walked around it still only in my boxers.

The RS4 had a new front splitter, new spoiler in the same red as the rest of the car. A new suspension has been installed, with the rear of the car raised and front lowered, new rims, and racing tires. I nearly lost it when she opened the hood and showed me the new and fully tuned-out engine, it was like having a diamond under the hood. She turned my RS4 into a dream machine, I could have never done all of this in such a short time.

She looked at me with a tired smile, I walked up to her and hugged her tightly, she seemed surprised by the hug but returned it.

Y/N: "Thank you Ruby, it means a lot." I said as I stroked her hair.

Ruby: "No problem.."

Y/N: "We can give it a run after you had some sleep, all tha-"

Ruby: "No time for sleep, the first street race is gonna begin soon." She cut me off.

Y/N: "Already?"

Ruby: "Yep, now get your cute ass dressed while I get ourselves some coffee and food." She replied walking off.

TIMESKIP

The race was going through the countryside outside of the Festival area, it was still early so nobody was on the road. Ruby introduced me to the guy she was talking with yesterday, turns out his name is Dan and he is a pretty cool guy. The competition was more varied than even I could have expected, Cameros, Golfs, Corvettes, S2000s, Civics, lots of different cars.

Dan: "Three, two, one, GO!!" He screamed as we all raced past him.

Immediately I could notice how much better the car drives thanks to Ruby's tuning, the car's Quattro all-wheel-drive system together with the new much wider racing tires made for a deadly combo, allowing me to have more traction than all the other cars combined. I was able to take the corners at speeds that the other drives could only dream of.

The first few corners and straights were quite stressful as the other cars were constantly on my ass, especially that damm Corvette, but I was able to make some distance between them, now that my nerves were able to get a break I could enjoy the rest of the race as if it were a Sunday drive, just a lot faster.

At last, the finish line was in sight, the closer I got to it the more my body tensed up, when I finally crossed it all the tension left me and I let out a sigh of relief, I did it, I won my first race at the Horizon festival, even if it wasn't official.

The other drivers congratulated me and I got my money, surprisingly I wasn't getting any congrats from a certain Rose. One by one the other drivers left, I stopped Dan before he left to ask him if he knew where Ruby was.

Y/N: "Hey, where's Ruby?" I asked confused.

Dan: "Oh she told me she had something important to do, she left pretty quickly." He replied nonchalantly.

I just stood there confused as Dan got in his car and drove off, just yesterday she talked about how she was committed and now she...ditched me?

I got into my car and leaned back, what to do now is the big question as official festival races didn't start until tomorrow...

Today's Choice:

1. Drive Back To Festival Grounds

2. Have A Drive To Clear Your Head.

3. Search For Ruby

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!