Round 8 - Chapter 1 - The Depths Of The Knight

K.A.R.R. Fanart By: wannabegeorge On DevianArt

Published On: July 16, 2021

Y/N'S POV

The squeals and smoke of tires filled the town as I passed through at high speeds, the headlights illuminating the area for a few seconds at a time before I had passed by. 

While some people would be sleeping now in the middle of the night, here I am once again weaving through alleyways and cutting across streets. This wasn't my first time in a car chase, neither was it K.A.R.R.'s first time...

My partner K.A.R.R. was after all the reason why these chases were even easier than they would've already been, nothing better than a car that was basically perfect as a partner.

K.A.R.R.: "So are we just going to do this for the entire night?" He asked unimpressed.

As he spoke the cockpit gained a bit of extra illumination as the amber light of his voicebox lit up, I glanced at the voicebox for a second before looking behind us at the ones chasing us.

Y/N: "You know what...the plan has changed, I'm not gonna wait for her partners to show up."

I turn onto a dirt path, the car behind us simply continues to chase us. As we got further and further away from the town and into the middle of nowhere I started to slow down, after a few minutes of this I stopped right in the middle of the path.

I stepped out and turned to face the car coming up to us as their headlights nearly blinded me, for a second I thought that they might attempt to run me over, but alas they stop right in front of me.

Slowly Bianca steps out, looking at me nervously as she stops in front of her car. The sight of her alone made my blood boil, my fists starting to clench.

Bianca: "...H-Hey Y/N, I-I'm sorry for chasing after you but I actually meant to contact y-you anyway..."

She waited but I didn't say anything, I just waited for her to continue, to say something that was worth my time.

She gets cut off as I send two kicks into her chest, her aura shatters as she hits her head on her car's bumper. She looks up at me shocked as she holds her hands up in surrender, her scared gaze never once moving away from me.

Bianca: "I didn't come to fight Y/N! I don't have any weapons really!" She says as she slowly stands up again.

Y/N: "Then what did you come for?"

Bianca: "I realize what I did was wrong, I want to help you, I want to make things right!"

Y/N: "You should've thought of that before you joined them."

With that I pull out my pistol and shoot her, she falls back and crumbles onto her car's bonnet.

Y/N: "You should've thought of that..." I mutter to myself again as I put the gun away again.

I take a final glance at her as her blood is pooling across the bonnet, fed up with how the night went I get back into the driver's seat and leave.

K.A.R.R.: "So what now?"

Y/N: "I'm finally gonna take care of these loose ends."

Today's Choice:

1. Beacon

2. Vale

3. Underground

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!