Round 10 - Chapter 2 - A Deepening Mystery

Fiona Fanart By: AxanXV On DeviantArt

Published On: August 28, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I was tapping my fingers on the table, waiting for Fiona to come into the room and talk with me. Since I had come to the station I just chilled on the couch in one of the back rooms and read a few of the magazines, I woke up the next morning when Fiona asked me to come with her to another room as she wanted to talk with me.

Attempting to distract me from the situation only worked somewhat, no matter how many magazines I read I still had it in the back of my mind, lurking and preventing me from feeling calm.

I hope that only Fiona will come, it would make things nicer that way. Robyn didn't exactly look happy at any point I was around her yesterday, so I'll prefer to keep my distance.

I stop my mindless finger tapping when Fiona comes in, her reassuring and polite smile putting me right back at ease, especially as Robyn hasn't come.

Y/N: "Ms. Hill isn't coming as well is she?"

Fiona: "No, is there something wrong? should I fetch her?"

Y/N: "N-No! it's just...I feel like Ms. Hill doesn't like me...at all..." I said kinda embarrassed.

Fiona: "Yes she does, she's been totally fine around you."

Y/N: "Really? cus that's not the impression I've been getting."

Fiona: "Well if you've been her partner for a few years like I have, then you pick up on her signals, so no she doesn't actually have anything against you, she is just being usual self." She explains.

Y/N: "Well alright then, what did you want to talk about."

Fiona: "We've gone through questioning with all your friends, they all seem fine to us."

Y/N: "I haven't doubted them for a second, but it's still a relief to hear that."

Fiona: "We've since gotten more results from the lab and we believe Ms. Valkyrie might have been shot with Fantôme dust bullets."

Y/N: "Fantôme? what kind of dust is that?" I asked confused.

Fiona: "Fantôme dust bullets are made so that they almost entirely disappear after killing their target, unlike fire or ice dust which has a high likelihood of leaving noticeable burn marks or ice shards behind."

Y/N: "I see..."

Fiona: "Robyn is currently investigating where the murderer might have purchased them as they aren't legal and even in the underground they aren't common."

Y/N: "Well at least things are moving along somewhat."

Fiona: "Exactly, and I'm happy to tell you that two of your friends have stayed after we got done questioning them, they're waiting right now to visit you."

Y/N: "Who?"

Fiona: "That'll be Ms. Chiron and Ms. Vanille"

I couldn't help but smile at that, talking with someone I knew would definitely help cheer me up during all of this.

Today's Choice:

1. Let Sharon Visit

2. Let Neo Visit

3. Don't Let Anyone Visit

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!