Round 2 - Chapter 9 - Running Prey

Ruby Fanart By: malome On DeviantArt

Published On: March 27, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I decide to let Ruby continue dragging me away, she seems to be heading a specific way. After almost falling on my face because of the pain or through tripping we finally reach our destination, it was the Trans Am, still beat up from getting run off the road.

With all four wheels tearing into the dirt we set of, the car lurching away like a tiger. Ruby let out a sigh of relief as she leaned back a bit, she had somehow been even more on edge than I was. I hurt like a bitch, being injured from a crash, banged up by another, hit by some cunts, I'm beaten the fuck up. Shaking I tried to reach over and put a hand on her thig-

Ruby screamed when a bullet ricochets off the car's body, I looked in the mirror and saw that those two fuckers were chasing us, Gordon was leaning out the window and firing at us.

Y/N: "Now's the time to step on the gas!" I cried out.

Ruby: "I'm doing my best!" She cried back.

These dirt roads were twisty and not exactly optimal for speeding through them, at least I could find some comfort in the fact that the car they're chasing us with is just an old Buick, not exactly the kind of thing that would be good at this. What didn't help us was that it was late and just a sliver of sunlight was still out, having to rally while being faced with the possibility of death isn't good for anyone's nerves, Ruby had tightened up almost all her muscles as she raced through the countryside.

The old Buick behind us had trouble through these corners, it was constantly bottoming out its suspension. The Trans Am was performing very well, it had lots of power, had all-wheel drive unlike a stock one. The odds weren't necessarily in our favor, but they weren't stacked against us either.

We cheered as we saw that we were getting further away from them, they stopped shooting as well, probably too far away for them to want to try. 

We thought we were finally making some good distance, then we saw what was up ahead and our expressions immediately fell. There didn't seem to be a clear continuation of the dirt road.

Y/N: "Fuck..."

We could drive left but we couldn't see what was in that direction due to the tight treeline, it looked like it was a dead-end though. Straight ahead wasn't that much better as we couldn't see if it was a drop and if it was how steep it was, to the right was a tall incline that we weren't likely to be able to climb with a car not set up for this shit.

Ruby: "Where the fuck do we go?!" She screamed out.

Today's Choice:

1. Go Left And Into The Treeline

2. Go Straight

3. Go Right And Drive To Climb The Steep Incline

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!