Round 5 - Chapter 10 - A Rosy Life

Ruby Fanart By: FL00rMaster On DeviantArt

Published On: May 1, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I absolutely needed the ring, so unfortunately for Ruby and Rosa, I will have to leave them with Nora for a bit longer.

Y/N: "I'll be back, hanging with Nora can't be THAT bad." I text her.

Ruby: "YES IT IS THAT BAD, PLEASE COME BACK!!" She texts with lots of crying emojis.

Y/N: "I'll come back later, see ya Ruby." I text back.

Ruby starts flooding the chat with messages and tries to call me multiple times, I just turn off my scroll as I step into the store.

Store Clerk: "Back so soon Mr. L/N?" The woman behind the counter asks.

Y/N: "Yes, I need a second ring, exactly like the last one but blue." I explained as I put the ring for Ruby on the counter.

Store Clerk: "Alright, like last time this will take a bit."

Y/N: "That's alright, I have time." I said as I could already hear Ruby's screams in my head...

While Rosa's ring is getting crafted I browsed around the shop, trying to find a second for me to wear. I couldn't find the same one I did last time, so I just decided to get a different one, wearing two different rings doesn't look bad anyway.

Once I did that and paid for that one I just waited on the bench and turned my scroll on again, so many messages from both Ruby and Rosa came in all at once that my scroll started to lag, after a minute the lag finally subsided and all messages loaded in, I just removed all the messages and started texting Pyrrha.

Y/N: "Hey Pyrrha, how's it going?"

Pyrrha: "Not good."

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

Pyrrha: "Everything is in chaos here and for some reason, Nora doesn't let me, Jaune, and Ren help put out the fires."

Y/N: "Wait what?"

Pyrrha: "Cafeteria is in flames, it still seems saveable but repair work will defiantly keep it closed for a while."

Y/N: "What caused it anyway?"

Pyrrha: "No one knows yet, though it's speculated to have to do with the explosives coming from Emerald Forrest."

Y/N: "Oookay..."

Completely weirded out I just decide to close the DMs and just watch videos, after a while, I start getting bombarded by messages from Ruby and Rosa again, looks like they saw that I was online again.

Store Clerk: "The ring is finished Mr. L/N!"

I quickly rush to the counter and pay as I snatch up the rings, quickly sprinting out of the store. I run through Vale like a maniac, people looking at me weirdly. Just as I get to the bullhead landing station I see one getting ready to take off, desperately I try to run even faster.

Y/N: "NOOO WAIT!!" I scream out.

I get to the bullhead just as it takes off, I take out my sword and stab it into the side of the bullhead. I look down fearfully as I just barely and very awkwardly hold on, people down below point up at me, and others are taking videos.

Throughout the entire ride, I try not to look down, I knew that if I did I would lose my shit. As we got close to Beacon smoke started to fill the air and a smell of burned materials filled my nostrils, when we landed I saw the fire Pyrrha was talking about was stopped but the smoke was still pouring out of the damaged cafeteria. Relived that my feet were finally touching the ground again I crouch down and hold my hand and arm in pain, my break was short-lived when I was suddenly picked up by my shirt collar into the air.

Ruby: "Y/N FUCKING L/N!!" She screams out livid as she held me up.

As I got a good look at her, I could see that she was covered in ash, her hair disheveled and her clothes were destroyed to the point where they were barely covering her, Rosa didn't look any better as she stood behind Ruby with just as much anger. Nora meanwhile in the background was slowly creeping out of there, unfortunately, nobody spotted her...

Y/N: "Uhhh Hi?" I said nervously as a feeling of deja vu came over me.

Ruby: "WHERE. WERE. YOU?" She growled out.

Y/N: "I...was...getting something..."

Rosa: "What could possibly have been more important than your girlfriends?" She asks in a low tone.

Y/N: "I...can't tell"

Ruby: "You will..." She growled out as she pulled me right up to her face.

With a sigh, I slowly get the two boxes out of my pocket and give each of them their box, when they open them their eyes widen as Ruby drops me out of surprise.

Y/N: "ARHG!" I cry out in pain.

Ruby: "Oh. My."

Rosa: "Fuck."

Y/N: "ARHG!" I cry out in pain as Ruby and Rosa land on me hugging me tightly.

Ruby+Rosa: "YES, OF COURSE, WE'LL MARRY YOU!!" They cry out happily.

Before I could say anything they picked me up and brought me onto a bullhead, the pilot looks back surprised as Ruby and Rosa suddenly barge in with me in their arms.

Rosa: "You. Mistral. NOW!!"

Pilot: "But these bullheads only go between Vale and Beacon."

Ruby: "Oh I'm sorry, did I hear something?" She asked as she glared at the pilot.

Pilot: "N-No Ma'am, going to Mistral now." She said as she started taking off.

Y/N: "Why Mistral?"

Rosa: "We don't want to have our wedding and honeymoon here."

Ruby: "Yep, we want to be undisturbed with our man~" She said trailing her fingers up and down my chest.

Life was going to be VERY interesting from here...not that I'm complaining, this is a ride that I absolutely want to be on!

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!