Round 5 - Chapter 2 - Helping Your Rose

Ruby Fanart By: AmaiPlus On Twitter

Published On: April 24, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I pick up Ruby and take a deep breath, I sprint out into the open towards the bullhead as several White Fang members try to hit me from all directions. I almost lose my footing when I reach the bottom of the hill, as I regain my balance a bullet enters my shoulder, my Aura shattering.

Y/N: "FUUUUUUUUUUCKK!!!" I scream out as tears of pain run down my face.

I really shouldn't have gone beserk with my semblance to fight that Paladin, I used up most of my Aura with that.

I continue on as quickly as I could, I slam the door shut as I enter the bullhead, putting Ruby down on the bench in the back. I run up and get the damm thing into Autopilot, making it go straight towards Beacon. Exhausted I limp back to Ruby, I sit down beside her, holding her hand as I waited...

TIMESKIP

When we arrived at Beacon I saw several staff members rushing about, I flagged down one of the paramedics before they could set off with the bullheads. When he saw Ruby in my arms he opened his bag and started checking on her, I started to feel better when I saw that his expression stayed calm.

Paramedic: "What happened?"

Y/N: "I just found her on the battlefield like this, breathing but unresponsive."

He nodded as he continued his check, after a minute he stops and looks up at me with a smile.

Paramedic: "She's alright, just exhausted with a few bruises, get her to the medbay and let her get some rest."

Y/N: "Alright, thank you sir." I said smiling as I shook his hand.

I picked Ruby up again as the Paramedic took his bag and joined his colleagues on one of the bullheads heading towards Vale, joining the whole crew of medic bullheads. Relieved I make my way through Beacon to the medbay, stealing glances at Ruby's face here and there.

When I finally got there I sat her down on one of the beds, since all of the medics were getting sent to Vale currently I was gonna have to take care of her on my own. I pull her shoes off and pull the blankets over her, I was about to leave to get a glass of water when something pulled at me...

Ruby: "Y-Y/N?" She asked looking up at me tiredly.

Y/N: "Oh Ruby!" I cried out happily as I hugged her gently.

She hugged back clearly exhausted, I gave her a couple of kisses on her forehead making her giggle.

Y/N: "I was so worried for you, thankfully you were just knocked out and I was able to get you out of there."

Ruby: "I feel like shit."

Y/N: "Well your aura is shattered and you have bruises, but just minor stuff."

Ruby: "Thanks for saving me."

Y/N: "No need to thank me, I would do anything for my lovely girlfriend, including staying with you here and nursing you back to health."

Ruby: "Oh my very own doctor~" She said with a teasing smile.

Y/N: "Yep, doctor Y/N L/N at your service!" I said saluting.

Ruby: "Ugh, I feel super dirty, I need a shower."

Y/N: "Let me get you some clothes then." I said as I left.

I quickly ran through the halls to get to my dorm, the halls were completely empty as everyone was occupied with the situation at Vale. Since Ruby and I had gotten together she spends every night sleeping with me in my dorm, even showering, etc. Weiss at first would constantly complain about it as she thought of it as highly unprofessional, Ruby and I however did not give a single fuck and Ruby simply gave her the business until she shut up for good.

When I arrived at my dorm I quickly ran in and got her sleeping pants and tank top, got her shampoo and everything from the bathroom, and rushed out again. I didn't want to leave her waiting for too long, that and because after that scare I didn't want to be separated from her for any reason.

When I walked into the medbay it looked like she had fallen asleep, I gently placed everything down as to not wake her, right as I did she opened her eyes.

Ruby: "Didn't fall asleep." She said with a tired smile.

Slowly she sat up and got out of the bed as she stumbled a bit and limped over to pick everything up, I was about to help her when she held her hand up.

Ruby: "I can do it, just a bit painful right now."

She gently pulled me in to give me a kiss as she was slightly shorter than me, after we separated she walked over to the bathroom.

Ruby: "Don't worry, If I need help I'll call you." She said before entering.

Now alone I sit down on the bed, I take my boots off as my feet were killing me, all the running and jumping tired me out. I lean back on the bed, thinking already of how I was going to spend the rest of the day with Ruby in bed now, I couldn't go back out and continue fighting if I wanted anyway, my Aura was shattered, not to mention that I was in way over my head with a crazy situation like that...

Ruby and I had already planned to use our upcoming three weeks of holidays to spend time together, just us, no teachers, no family, no friends, guess the holidays came sooner than expected.

Sometime within those free weeks, I intend to propose to her, whenever the right opportunity would present itself. I'm so happy with Ruby and I have no doubt about spending the rest of my days with her, I have to put a ring on her. I have already bought the ring from a really expensive place in Vale, I custom ordered it to make sure it would perfectly suit us.

I look over when I hear the door opening, to my confusion I saw Ruby enter the room.

Ruby: "Y/N I've been looking all over for you, why are you here?" She asked looking confused.

Y/N: "Ruby?" I just asked confused.

Ruby: "Yes?" She answered as she entered the room still drying herself from the shower.

I just look back and forth shocked at the Blue-haired Ruby and then the Red-haired Ruby, meanwhile, those two just stare at each other.

Something isn't right here...

Today's Choice:

1. Get Ready To Protect Blue-Haired Ruby

2. Attack Red-Haired Ruby Outright

3. Use Your 'Semblance'

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!