Round 2 - Chapter 6 - Relaxing With Ruby

Ruby Fanart By: anonamos701 On DeviantArt

Published On: March 24, 2021

Y/N'S POV

Y/N: "Sure why not? I could use a distraction from what happened." I said making her smile.

For the next few minutes, we rode in the car as Ruby sang along to the music on the radio, hearing her amazing voice and seeing her smile was enough to already make me feel better. After a few minutes, we entered a city, after a bit of searching Ruby found us a parking spot and we got out.

Y/N: "So what are we doing?"

Ruby: "We are doing the most fun thing in the world! GAMING!!" She said excitedly as she pulled me along into a building.

The building she had pulled me into was an arcade, it was absolutely massive with all kinds of games in it. Ruby frantically looks around the place, unsure of which game to start with.

Ruby: "AH! there it is, we gotta play this!" She cried out as she started dragging me along again.

When we finally came to a stop I could see that the game in question was an arcade version of 'Luigi's Mansion', it even had actual full-sized vacuums for two players. First Ruby showed me how to play, it seems like she had played this game a lot, she knew all kinds of tricks and just, in general, was an absolute boss at the game.

Ruby: "There, now you try it out, and then we can play the multiplayer mode." She said as she gave the vacuum to me.

It took a while for me to get into the groove of things but eventually, I got the hang of it, busting ghosts left and right. Ruby got more excited the further I got, her excitement was contagious getting swept in it as well. When I got to the end of it I even got a better high score than her, I was shocked, Ruby however just hugged me jumping up and down.

Ruby: "That was amazing, you learn quick doncha? do you also learn that quickly in the bedroom?~" She asked with a sultry look.

Y/N: "U-Uh..." I stuttered flustered.

Suddenly Ruby looks at me really concerned, she starts gripping my shoulders tightly. I was confused by her strange behavior, nothing new had happe-

I was lying in a bed, Ruby was sitting on it stroking my hair. When our eyes meet she lets out a gasp, for a second it looks like she doesn't know what to do.

Ruby doesn't say anything but immediately leans over and kisses me tightly, she cups my cheeks tightly. When we finally separated we were both pale from air loss and panting, she grips my hands tightly.

Y/N: "H-Hey..." I stutter out, still taken away by that kiss.

Ruby: "I'm so glad you're awake, I was so fucking worried, the doctors told me you'll be fine but-"

Y/N: "It's fine, I'm alright, we're both alright." I said squeezing her hands.

Ruby: "Yeah..."

An uncomfortable silence fills the room, after almost a minute I decided to just straight up ask how bad the situation is.

Y/N: "So how beaten up am I?"

Ruby: "You're gonna be away from racing for a while due to it, I informed Keira about the situation already so you wouldn't have to."

Y/N: "I see." I said trying to hide my disappointment.

I didn't want her to know how hard that really hits me, after finally being able to make it to Horizon it gets ruined. I would never blame her for it, but it hits pretty deep.

Y/N: "What about the car?" I asked making her look even more downtrodden.

Ruby: "It's a write-off..." She said shocking me.

Y/N: "T-That bad?"

Ruby: "Y-Yeah..."

Y/N: "Oka-"

Ruby: "I mean...I could fix it, but it would take a very long time...and a lot of money, the average person wouldn't bother with it anymore...but I will, I'll fix it."

Y/N: "You don't ha-"

Ruby: "I will, you deserve it." She said firmly.

A heavy silence fills the room again, neither of us knowing what to say. I was glad that she was here, being here on my own after what happened would be even more nerve-racking.

Ruby: "Y/N...t-that...that wasn't all..." She said looking fearful.

Y/N: "Whatever it is you can tell me." I replied as I stroked her hands.

Ruby: "T-The car, it was sabotaged." She said making my blood run cold.

Someone had it out for me, someone had it out for me bad enough to try and kill me...

Ruby: "They must've tampered with the car w-while we were at the cafe." She said.

Y/N: "Any...any idea on who could have done it?"

Ruby: "No clue, the police are investigating the car though, thankfully they don't connect you to any of the street races, don't need you going to jail."

Y/N: "Yeah, that would have been even worst."

Ruby looks away, tears start streaming down her face. I tried to grab her hands but she pulls them away, she was trembling.

Ruby: "I-I...I'm sorry that you can't compete now, I didn't mean for this to happen." She blurts out as she starts breaking down.

I lean forward despite the pain and quickly grasp her hands, I squeeze them tightly.

Y/N: "You don't have to be sorry about anything, this isn't your fault, never will be." I said firmly.

She looked at me surprised, I gently pull her closer until I can brush her tears away. We hug tightly, I'm not gonna let her beat herself up like this, I'm glad it was me instead of her. When we separated she looked angry and determined, if looks could kill then no one would be safe.

Ruby: "I'm gonna try and find out who did this, I'm not letting them walk away after this..."

Today's Choice:

1. Join Ruby On The Investigation

2. Let Ruby Investigate

3. Argue That She Shouldn't Investigate

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!