kageyama tobio | clingy (request)

Start from the beginning

"what are you doing here?" he asked.

"i came here to drop off your lunch. practicing is good, but make sure to take care of your body, okay?" you said as you handed it over.

"mkay," he mumbled as he set it down on the bench and quickly went over to hinata. hinata waved at you and you smiled. you slowly walked out of the volleyball court and went to your classroom. you were expecting at least a small "thank you" or a smile from kageyama. but you didn't really mind because he must've been really focused or tired.

when lunch came around, you waited patiently for kageyama's text about your lunch box. you would usually ask him to eat lunch with you, but because nationals is right around the corner, you stopped asking. there wasn't a single text from him saying "it tastes good" or "thx for the lunch."

did he eat lunch?

you waited after class to check up on him. you weren't going to ask him to walk you home or anything. you just wanted to see if he was taking care of himself. he was always the type to overdo stuff, and you didn't want him to collapse.

after class ended, you stopped by the library to check out a book you had wanted to read and bumped into tsukishima and yamaguchi, your classmates. kageyama used to always complain about tsukishima. but you were still friends with him.

"hey, tsukishima, yamaguchi," you greeted, tsukishima nodded while yamaguchi gave you a smile.

"hi, y/n," yamaguchi said. "i thought you went home."

"i just wanted to check a book out and check on kageyama before i go home," you answered. "i thought you guys were at practice."

"yeah, we told the coach we'll be late today because we had to do something at the library," yamaguchi answered.

"you should really talk to that king and tell him to stop being annoying. he's been practicing non-stop for these past few weeks and it's getting on my nerves," tsukishima mumbled.

"yeah, he's always there before us and leaves after us," yamaguchi added. "but whenever we tell him to take a break, he never listens. he'll listen to you."

"oh, okay," you replied. "i'll walk to the gym with you guys."

when you walked in, the sound of volleyballs hitting the floor filled your ears. you smiled at the volleyball members and you took a seat on the bench. you admired kageyama's form as he set the ball to the spikers. you were always mesmerized by his playing and you enjoyed watching him play. you quickly walked over to kageyama with a towel in one hand and a water bottle in the other as soon as the coach announced break. his eyes widened when he saw you.

"y/n, what are you doing here?" he asked, slightly annoyed. you were taken back by his tone but decided to ignore it.

"i was just worried and wanted to check up on you," you replied.

"go home, y/n," he muttered. "i told you that i'll be busy these next few weeks."

"but you've been missing your meals so i got worried. did you eat lunch today?" you asked. "i made you your favorite."

"no, i was busy," he replied, grabbing the towel from your hand.

"but you still have to take care of your body!"

"okay okay, y/n. i get it so just leave, you're disrupting practice," he mumbled walking past you.

"tobio, this has to stop! you're not taking care of yourself and i don't want you-"

"god, y/n, you're so annoying. you don't get it. i need to practice more to get my sets perfect. of course you wouldn't understand because you've never wanted anything so badly and you never put effort into anything!!"

by now, the whole team was eavesdropping on the argument. sugawara thought about stopping you guys but stopped after daichi gave him the look.

"tobio, i want you!!"

"y/n, you're so fucking annoying. i don't need you. i can take care of myself completely fine and i don't need a second mom looking after every single thing i do!! you're so clingy and no matter how hard i try to get rid of you, you won't leave!! why can't you just leave?!"

you could hear gasps from his teammates. normally, you would've stayed and tried to calm him down. but his words hit deep and you couldn't stop the tears from flowing. kageyama's eyes widened when he saw your lips trembling and tears falling down your chin.

"w-wait," kageyama tried grabbing your hand but you quickly slapped it away.

"i'll go home. you want me to leave, right?! i'm leaving!!" you exclaimed as you ran out of the doors.

"fuck."

the tears kept falling as you walked home. you tried wiping them away with your sleeves, but new ones would flow down immediately. you immediately broke down when you reached your home. you didn't bother turning on the lights to your room and collapsed on your bed. you covered yourself with your covers and kept repeating kageyama's words in your head.

you're so fucking annoying.

i don't need you.

you're so clingy,

just go home.

you ignored the repeated calls from kageyama and turned off your phone completely. you covered your ears with your covers when you heard loud banging on your door. you knew it was kageyama, but you didn't have the courage to face him right now. but when you heard banging on your window, you immediately panicked and saw kageyama outside.

his hands were filled with scratches from climbing the tree. he kept repeating your name but you couldn't hear it well. you quickly wiped your tears and slowly opened your window.

kageyama immediately embraced you in his arms. at first, you fought against it but slowly leaned into his touch. being in his arms only made you cry harder. kageyama felt your trembling underneath him and he felt incredibly bad.

he grabbed your chin and tilted your head up. your eyes were bloodshot and tears still continued flowing down.

"i'm sorry," he whispered as he gently wiped your tears away with his thumb. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean any of the words i said. it was just- i couldn't- i didn't know, fuck."

"it's okay, i know i'm annoying," you mumbled.

"no, you're not!! it was just me being an asshole. you're not annoying or clingy. i need you," he said, kissing your eyelids. "so please don't leave me."

you stayed quiet but your arms wrapping around his waist was enough for him. you rested your cheek on his chest and kageyama tightened his grip around you.

yeah, we'll be alright. 

—————

question of the day: how are you today?

hope you enjoyed :)